PDA

View Full Version : Optimization AL Lizardfolk Rogue

Draco4472
2016-11-25, 09:49 PM
I wanted to try the race/class combination listed above in AL games. Thoughts on the build? I was thinking of choosing the assassin archetype and potentially multiclassing into ranger for colossus slayer and other goodies. I decided on 8,15,16,12,15,8 for ability scores at the moment, and maybe taking the observant and moderately armored feats, the latter under the assumption I don't multiclass into ranger to get shield proficiency.

adonis53
2016-11-25, 09:56 PM
In AL games I didn't think lizard folk would be allowed. Is it?

Naanomi
2016-11-25, 09:59 PM
Yes, all the Volos races are with specific faction limitations (and it counts as your '+1 sourcebook' so no goblin swashbucklers etc)

adonis53
2016-11-25, 10:04 PM
Yes, all the Volos races are with specific faction limitations (and it counts as your '+1 sourcebook' so no goblin swashbucklers etc)

Ah okay. I guess I could still roll with a yaun-ti pureblood bard if I want then. :)

PeteNutButter
2016-11-25, 10:11 PM

The races in volos are legal for AL play, with restricted faction choices.

I wanted to try the race/class combination listed above in AL games. Thoughts on the build? I was thinking of choosing the assassin archetype and potentially multiclassing into ranger for colossus slayer and other goodies. I decided on 8,15,16,12,15,8 for ability scores at the moment, and maybe taking the observant and moderately armored feats, the latter under the assumption I don't multiclass into ranger to get shield proficiency.

Seems solid. I'd recommend dumping int to 10 and just starting with 16 in wis. +1 perception will come up more often than investigation, even on a rogue. Starting with your key stat below 16, which unfortunately lizardfolk forces on you, makes it not worth taking observant until you get your dex caught up. It'd be much better to just have another even stat through the bulk of your game play.

If it were me, I'd dump int to 8 and make con 17. That way you can spend your first ASI boosting dex to 16 and con to 18. With the ranger proficiencies you can be quite a tanky rogue. Though, I understand if you feel the thematic need to be able to investigate well.

BillyBobShorton
2016-11-25, 10:18 PM
Ah okay. I guess I could still roll with a yaun-ti pureblood bard if I want then. :)
Yeah, that's my next build. Seems so awesome.