PDA

View Full Version : Druid clearing forest

Staige
2016-11-26, 01:04 AM
So I'm a level 10 druid in a campaign where we are on a boat to go find new land for the queen. As part of a landing party we are tasked with clearing out a landing zone for the ship. As the island is a densely forested place, this means having to clear out the forest.

We left off mid combat due to an emergency, but when we come back. What are ways for us to do this, without breaking character as my druid.

Grek
2016-11-26, 01:37 AM
You're a druid! You don't have to remove the trees in order to make a clearing. A combination of Transmute Mud to Rock, Stone Shape, Control Water and will let you raise a perfectly acceptable natural stone dock out of the shoreline. A level from now, you can use Move Earth and Liveoak to harmlessly create a natural valley for the settlement without harming any of the trees - the Liveoak Treant can peaceably relocate them into another part of the forest.

Nifft
2016-11-26, 01:39 AM
So I'm a level 10 druid in a campaign where we are on a boat to go find new land for the queen. As part of a landing party we are tasked with clearing out a landing zone for the ship. As the island is a densely forested place, this means having to clear out the forest.

We left off mid combat due to an emergency, but when we come back. What are ways for us to do this, without breaking character as my druid.

Animate the trees in the "landing zone" and set them as guardians for the rest of the forest, which will NOT be cleared.

Jowgen
2016-11-26, 07:01 AM
Coral Growth, from Shining South, is the perfect 3rd level spell for this.

It gives you your CL in 5 ft cubes of solid coral. With that, you can easily extend the coastline into a landing zone. Only thing to keep in mind is that the coral created by this spell is dispellable, so if the site is to be used long-term, it best to set it up so that it can be used as a scaffold for a more permanent solution.