PDA

View Full Version : If *I* Ran D&D...

Knight_Of_Twilight
2007-07-14, 04:47 PM
Oh wait. I already do. Never mind then. :P

While this started out as a parody of two of the threads I saw on the front page, it has me thinking - How do you run your game?

For me, I guess I mainly cater to my group. However, if I have my optimum group, I usually let them play what they want, within reason. I've been known to change things so that players can use a character concept they like. I think its only fair, I love crazy supplements as a DM, I can't get enough templates, as far as I'm concerned.

I usually have no problem with splat books, or even third party stuff. Heck, Homebrew is cool too, as long as I can balance it all. The only things I don't tolerate are disruptive play, and bringing your own problems into the game or vice-versa.

Khantalas
2007-07-14, 04:52 PM
As I said in the other thread, if I ran D&D, it would be a lot like M&M.

Wait... it is M&M. Sorry about that.

horseboy
2007-07-14, 04:55 PM
Well, the first imperative of ANY rpg is to have fun.
If I ran D&D? I'd just play something else instead. ;)

averagejoe
2007-07-14, 05:01 PM
I do run DnD. I mainly try to make sure my guys have fun, irreguardless of how this influences play style/mechanical considerations.

ByeLindgren
2007-07-14, 05:06 PM
If I posted a thread about hypothetically running a D&D group, I would make sure everyone else was doing it, too. Gotta go with the in-crowd. Anyway, when most of the people in one's group don't know much of the crunch and the rest tailor their playstyles down to their level, it doesn't really matter what book is introduced.

Roland St. Jude
2007-07-14, 05:11 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Okay, we already have two threads that state how a person would or does run a D&D game, and each is gathering plenty of responses. We don't really need a third. (Neither for parody or for actual discussion).