PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.5e making a new PC Half-Fiend-Half-Elf Wizard or Sorcerer Demon Summoning

BloodSnake'sCha
2016-11-26, 01:08 PM
I don't know how to make or play a caster and I am a new D&D player so I need your help.

I want her to be Charisma base if it possible so my spell-like abilities will have beater DC and I want her to use Necromancy but to focus on demons.

She will be LE.

She will be lv9 if my character will leave now.

I can use 3.5e books only

Inevitability
2016-11-26, 03:17 PM
A LE character will have a lot of trouble summoning demons, as doing so is a Chaotic act. Are you sure you want this combination of alignment and tactics?

Remuko
2016-11-26, 04:24 PM
Theres a lot of issues here. Youre new to D&D or at least 3.5 and don't know how to play a caster, yet you wish to play a demon summoning half fiend half elf wizard or sorcerer.

Spellcasting first off isnt really good for someone new to the game. Second if you want to be charisma based, thats Sorcerer over wizard.

Templates and Level Adjustment from said templates is probably not something someone new to the game should dive into and LA on a spellcaster is even worse.

I don't know you personally so maybe you're not of the norm, however this is a lot of complicated stuff in an already complex system to be putting on your metaphorical plate for a first game.

BloodSnake'sCha
2016-11-26, 04:30 PM
A LE character will have a lot of trouble summoning demons, as doing so is a Chaotic act. Are you sure you want this combination of alignment and tactics?

I can make her CE but I want her to be LE so I will be able to hold myself from doing some random evil in order to do my evil more actively.

I can use chaos to make order.

BTW, if I won't get penalties from doing some chaotic acts in order to achieve my goal I am OK with it.

Theres a lot of issues here. Youre new to D&D or at least 3.5 and don't know how to play a caster, yet you wish to play a demon summoning half fiend half elf wizard or sorcerer.

Spellcasting first off isnt really good for someone new to the game. Second if you want to be charisma based, thats Sorcerer over wizard.

Templates and Level Adjustment from said templates is probably not something someone new to the game should dive into and LA on a spellcaster is even worse.

I don't know you personally so maybe you're not of the norm, however this is a lot of complicated stuff in an already complex system to be putting on your metaphorical plate for a first game.

I just want to make a character for the time my character die or leave the party and want to play something that I don't know.
I don't need something easy, I just need some help with starting something fun that will not slow down the game.

and btw, the more complex it get the more fun I have :) (I need to check how to do a smiling demon)

Inevitability
2016-11-26, 04:50 PM
I can make her CE but I want her to be LE so I will be able to hold myself from doing some random evil in order to do my evil more actively.

BTW, if I won't get penalties from doing some chaotic acts in order to achieve my goal I am OK with it.

1. You know you can be a CE person who doesn't do random evil? CE just means you don't care about rules, conventions, traditions and order, it doesn't make you an insane loose cannon.

2. The point is that demons aren't simple, run-off-the-mill creatures. They are actual, capital-C Chaos twisted in humanoid forms. Summoning them means exposing yourself and your surroundings to that chaos: making it an unquestionably Chaotic act.

3. You won't take penalties, no. What will happen if a LE person is continuously summoning demons is alignment shifts. A LG person would turn evil if they summoned devils all the time, wouldn't they?

If you are still dead-set on this combination of alignment and tactics, maybe ask your DM if the Ordered Chaos feat would help. You could argue that the effect of turning Chaotic from summoning demons doesn't influence you if you have the feat, as a Chaotic person wouldn't get more Chaotic from such an act. It's a stretch, though.

Remuko
2016-11-26, 04:55 PM

I just want to make a character for the time my character die or leave the party and want to play something that I don't know.
I don't need something easy, I just need some help with starting something fun that will not slow down the game.

and btw, the more complex it get the more fun I have :) (I need to check how to do a smiling demon)

Doing too many chaotic acts will turn you chaotic yourself. Perhaps you should summon devils instead if you want to be LE. Demons and Devils are quite different from each other in D&D and maybe you should learn about them first before going forward with this.

BloodSnake'sCha
2016-11-26, 05:21 PM
1. You know you can be a CE person who doesn't do random evil? CE just means you don't care about rules, conventions, traditions and order, it doesn't make you an insane loose cannon.

2. The point is that demons aren't simple, run-off-the-mill creatures. They are actual, capital-C Chaos twisted in humanoid forms. Summoning them means exposing yourself and your surroundings to that chaos: making it an unquestionably Chaotic act.

3. You won't take penalties, no. What will happen if a LE person is continuously summoning demons is alignment shifts. A LG person would turn evil if they summoned devils all the time, wouldn't they?

If you are still dead-set on this combination of alignment and tactics, maybe ask your DM if the Ordered Chaos feat would help. You could argue that the effect of turning Chaotic from summoning demons doesn't influence you if you have the feat, as a Chaotic person wouldn't get more Chaotic from such an act. It's a stretch, though.
I want her to make new order in evil but I can try to destroy in instead.
and I will ask about that feat :)

Doing too many chaotic acts will turn you chaotic yourself. Perhaps you should summon devils instead if you want to be LE. Demons and Devils are quite different from each other in D&D and maybe you should learn about them first before going forward with this.
I think you are right, I should learn about Devils.

Inevitability
2016-11-27, 01:35 AM
I think you are right, I should learn about Devils.

Time for him to show up. Anyone wants the honors of performing the incantation?

gorfnab
2016-11-27, 02:52 AM
For Demon/Devil summoning you'll want to look into the Malconvoker prestige class.

Here are some Summoning Handbooks that may help you.
Summoning Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=11186)
The Summoner's Desk Reference (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?255219-The-Summoner-s-Desk-Reference-D-amp-D-3-5)
Mastering the Malconvoker (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2791)
The Conjurer's Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?498825-the-Conjurer-s-Handbook&highlight=conjuration%20handbook)

Crake
2016-11-27, 04:26 AM

Alignment doesn't dictate your actions. Play your character as you think you should, and your alignment will be determined by the way you play, not the other way around. Never let the two letters under your alignment section on your character sheet stop you from doing something you think your character would do.

Inevitability
2016-11-27, 05:07 AM
For Demon/Devil summoning you'll want to look into the Malconvoker prestige class.

BSC said they wanted to be LE. Malconvoker is nonevil-only.