PDA

View Full Version : Ironsoul Forgemaster suggestions

danielxcutter
2016-11-27, 01:09 AM
For the webcomic I'm trying to make(don't expect it for at least a year or two, though):

A)Is Fighter 2/Incarnate 8/Ironsoul Forgemaster 10 acceptable?

B)Thinking of bigass weapon in one hand + bigass bashing spiked heavy shield in the other + Agile Shield Fighter feat. Tips for this route, please?

C)Soulmelds. Because there are so many that choosing is a pain in the a**.

D)Is it possible to craft a magic item if someone else provides the spells or powers required? Party will include an Arcane Trickster based on Wizard and probably a Sacred Fist based on Druid, and a Psychic Warrior with the Mantled Warrior(Fate mantle) ACF. (Other party members not decided yet.)

2016-11-27, 01:24 AM
Here, have a handbook. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?344798-Soul-and-Steel-A-Guide-to-the-Ironsoul-Forgemaster-%28WIP-PEACH%29)

That's about all I can do to help. Best of luck! :smallsmile:

Inevitability
2016-11-27, 01:26 AM
A) What do you mean by 'acceptable'? It's a legal build alright.
D) It is.

Note that all items have prerequisites in their descriptions. These prerequisites must be met for the item to be created. Most of the time, they take the form of spells that must be known by the item’s creator (although access through another magic item or spellcaster is allowed).

The last line seems to permit what you describe.

Troacctid
2016-11-27, 01:40 AM
It's actually possible to craft one magic item for your own personal use even if nobody provides the spells or powers required—see Bonded Items, DMG2.

danielxcutter
2016-11-27, 03:04 AM
A) What do you mean by 'acceptable'? It's a legal build alright.

I meant in terms of power. Is it worth it?

Inevitability
2016-11-27, 05:03 AM
I meant in terms of power. Is it worth it?

Depends on the optimization level of other PC's and enemies.

danielxcutter
2016-11-27, 05:47 AM
Depends on the optimization level of other PC's and enemies.

I did say this was for a webcomic I'm trying to make in the OP, but I'm thinking somewhere in the middle of the Sliding Scale of Character Optimization for most characters. For example, someone with levels in Archivist might want to take levels in an arcane casting class to qualify for Mystic Theurge, which is a poor choice in terms of power but might make sense for that character(such as being a scholar instead of an adventurer, perhaps). However, they would take Wizard, or failing that a Wu Jen, which are both Int-based casters - not Sorcerer, which is a Cha-based caster and is also one level slower in casting progression, unless said person is a Kobold, in which case they would either take the Extra Favored Class feat or become a Dragonwrought Kobold, and they would also take Practiced Caster twice.

Troacctid
2016-11-27, 05:49 AM
Crusader or warblade would generally be better than fighter, but hey, favored classes, what can you do, I guess.

danielxcutter
2016-11-27, 06:00 AM
Crusader or warblade would generally be better than fighter, but hey, favored classes, what can you do, I guess.

Plus in the comic world, it's not that easy to have levels in martial adept classes, as they are concentrated in a certain region. There's that too.