PDA

View Full Version : Undead + Taint = moderate, severe, etc?

Yogibear41
2016-11-27, 01:59 AM
Undead are immune to the negative effects of taint and already have a certain amount of taint (and maybe able to gain more based on your interpretation) regardless of the opinion on the last part, when determining if an undead creature has moderate or severe taint, how do you do it? Normally you compare their value to the constitution score, but in the case of undead they don't have one. Should you compare it to a score of 10? or to the lowest possible number on the chart being 1. Or should you just automatically make them severe because they are undead.

Coldsturm
2016-11-27, 02:01 AM
Undead usually reference CHA when CON would normally be used.

Crake
2016-11-27, 02:49 AM
Undead are immune to the negative effects of taint and already have a certain amount of taint (and maybe able to gain more based on your interpretation) regardless of the opinion on the last part, when determining if an undead creature has moderate or severe taint, how do you do it? Normally you compare their value to the constitution score, but in the case of undead they don't have one. Should you compare it to a score of 10? or to the lowest possible number on the chart being 1. Or should you just automatically make them severe because they are undead.

If I recall, undead and evil outsiders are considered to have a taint "score" but don't suffer any negative effects of taint at all.

Yogibear41
2016-11-27, 03:00 AM
If I recall, undead and evil outsiders are considered to have a taint "score" but don't suffer any negative effects of taint at all.

I know, certain abilities function differently depending on the level of taint you have, that's what I am trying to determine.

Crake
2016-11-27, 03:44 AM
I know, certain abilities function differently depending on the level of taint you have, that's what I am trying to determine.

I don't believe they count as having mild/medium/severe corruption/depravity (because those would be negative effects), only having a corruption/depravity score.