PDA

View Full Version : need to know best class for a knife thrower in PF

Nosta
2016-11-27, 01:42 PM
i'll be taking part in a pf game and I want to play a knife thrower who is good called shots but i'm not sure what one that be.

any one got some ideas

The Glyphstone
2016-11-27, 02:08 PM
PF doesn't have rules for called shots. Does your DM have houserules governing them? Knowing that will tell us how to best take advantage of them.

Jeff the Green
2016-11-27, 03:05 PM
There are these rules (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/called-shots). I can't really help with the optimization question, though.

Nosta
2016-11-27, 03:11 PM
There are these rules (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/called-shots). I can't really help with the optimization question, though.

yes that what I was talking about

can I get some ideas for feats for a dagger thrower

The Glyphstone
2016-11-27, 03:16 PM
'Improved Called Shot' and 'Greater Called Shot' seem like good picks. Precise Shot helps you throw into melee. Weapon Focus/Specialization help your accuracy and damage

Grod_The_Giant
2016-11-27, 03:17 PM
Flying Blade Swashbuckler has a "Targeted Throw" Deed at level 7, letting you nail people in the body part of your choice. You also get bunches of other goodness, such as range and critical boosts, not to mention all the standard Swashbuckler goodness. Want to stack TWF and Rapid Shot and a full BAB to make an absurd number of attacks each round, then add your level to damage with each one? Knock yourself out, kid.

Might be worth taking a level of Far Strike Monk, too; that gets you two vital bonus feats (Quick Draw and Point-Blank, Precise Shot, or Far Shot), and lets you use Flurry of Blows as a replacement for Rapid Shot... though you do lose that with armor, so you'd probably want the feat anyway.

Erit
2016-11-27, 03:52 PM
There's the option of dipping Soulknife so that you have infinite daggers to throw.

TiaC
2016-11-27, 04:23 PM
There's the option of dipping Soulknife so that you have infinite daggers to throw.

In a similar vein, the Mobile Knife archetype for Xeph Marksmen is specialized in knife throwing.

legomaster00156
2016-11-27, 08:20 PM
If we're looking at DSP product, it would be remiss to avoid talking about the Psychic Armory Soulknife and the bevy of options for throwing builds found in Path of War.