PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Shielding Fist + Confident Defense - Conflicts or Works?

thecrimsondawn
2016-11-27, 03:46 PM
At 1st level, so long as the monk of the silver fist is wearing gauntlets, he gains a +1 shield bonus to his AC, and treats his gauntlets as bucklers in addition to their normal effects. If is gauntlets are enchanted, he applies their enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls and to this shield bonus as well. In addition, a monk of the silver fist can wear gauntlets and use them as a shield without interfering losing the benefit of his AC bonus class feature.

At 1st level, when wearing light or no armor and not using a shield, an Enlightened paladin adds 1 point of his Charisma bonus (if any) per class level to his Dexterity bonus to his Armor Class. If he is caught flat-footed or otherwise denied his Dexterity bonus, he also loses this bonus.

Im a bit caught on this one. Something being treated as a shield does not necessarily mean it is a shield. Would this work or conflict?

MindTheGap97
2016-11-27, 05:21 PM
I think these stack, you are not using a shield, you simply treat your gauntlets as such

legomaster00156
2016-11-27, 05:26 PM
I agree, I'd let them stack. That said, bring it up with your GM.