PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Path of War question - Multiple Adapt Classes

thecrimsondawn
2016-11-28, 11:45 AM
Just want to make sure I have this right.

I am working on a build with 3 martial classes. Each martial class is treated as a true martial adapt so their levels count 1 for 1. All other classes other then the current class being leveled count only as 1/2 an initiator level right?

So if my first two levels where Monk, That would be 1,2
If my next two levels where Paladin, that would be 2,3 (staring 2 due to two levels of monk counting as 1)
If my next level was a Warder, it would be 3
and if the rest of my levels where stalker (adding in the trait practiced initiator for a +2 bonus) that would be 4 (1 from monk, 1 from paladin, only 1/2 a level rounded down for warder, +2 from trait)

Do I have this right?

Edit:
How will this interact with moves known tho. You cant take the same move twice, so even if a couple of these have say - Scarlet Throne, then if one class takes a move, it should count as a move known for progression, otherwise you could end up getting stuck and not being able to advance at all right?
How would stances grow in power? Is your highest initiator level take precedence, or is it the initiator level of the one who acquired the stance?

Edit2: Fixed. Title is no longer 'Pat' of war, lol

Nifft
2016-11-28, 12:42 PM
PAT OF WAR

http://i.imgur.com/Yx7Nfaq.jpg

---

If you multi-class in 3.5e, your Initiator Level for each class was:

(Base Class level) + (PrC levels which advance that base class) + (half all other levels)

Some PrCs advanced ALL initiator levels, and might stack with two different base classes.

Each base class would contribute half its levels to the other base class.

exelsisxax
2016-11-28, 01:25 PM
Not sure what exactly you are asking, but i'll take a stab in the dark.

With the listed classes, the initiator levels will always be [levels in initiator class] + [1/2 levels in all other classes]

If you are playing silver fist monk, it has a class initiator level. If you don't have the silver fist archetype, you have no initiator level associated with that class. Same with the paladin and its initiating archetype.

In every case, class features, stances, and maneuvers use the initiator level of the class that is granting that source. Since maneuvers and stances are always associated with exactly one class that knows them, there is never more than one possible initiator level to use. It doesn't matter if you have two classes that can access scarlet throne, you used one class to get scarlet einhander and that's the class that you use the initiator level from. Multiclassing involves a lot of bookkeeping.

As an additional point of note, that combination of classes is terrible and you shouldn't do it.

thecrimsondawn
2016-11-28, 02:08 PM
Not sure what exactly you are asking, but i'll take a stab in the dark.

With the listed classes, the initiator levels will always be [levels in initiator class] + [1/2 levels in all other classes]

If you are playing silver fist monk, it has a class initiator level. If you don't have the silver fist archetype, you have no initiator level associated with that class. Same with the paladin and its initiating archetype.

In every case, class features, stances, and maneuvers use the initiator level of the class that is granting that source. Since maneuvers and stances are always associated with exactly one class that knows them, there is never more than one possible initiator level to use. It doesn't matter if you have two classes that can access scarlet throne, you used one class to get scarlet einhander and that's the class that you use the initiator level from. Multiclassing involves a lot of bookkeeping.

As an additional point of note, that combination of classes is terrible and you shouldn't do it.

Well I dont agree with your last point at all, as its a high point mythic game and I have the stats to have ACs and saves in the 50s without even trying. The paladin archetype gives me the recovery option of all allies within 30ft of me gain my CHA mod to ac and saves as a sacred bonus for 1 round. That is massively powerful. Monk of course is wisdom to AC, but the archetype also gives me gauntlets that when enchanted give both a bonus to hit and a shield bonus to ac - thus, causing me to have even MORE ac (and paladins CHA to saves too). The only X factor of my build is the Dervish Defender warder level that adds INT to ac. The reason I took that is a focus on my mental stats over physical, even tho I have a high dex as well (dex to hit and damage from stalkers killer implements). Since my guy is immortal, naturally I took age category bonuses without penalties all while playing an Aasmar who was allowed to give up his SLA for another +2 stat bonus. As MAD as I am, stats are seriously not an issue.
Further more, this gives me a far superior move set and stance selection. I only need to take care selecting stances that dont grow as my init. level does to keep to their max potential.
Its never a good idea to tell another player that their build or idea is terrible, because there may be many factors you are not aware of that contributed to the creation of said build. This build is made to fight, and kill a plot god, and he will succeed, and then he will die (as the god is the source of his immortality)

Still, thank you very much for the reply and answering my question. That is what I needed to verify to make sure I was abiding by the rules.

willoftheway
2016-11-28, 04:07 PM
If you are using the martial initiator archetypes for both paladin and monk their initiator level is equal to class level but their maneuver progression is slower than full martial initiators. So at 4th level with 2 levels in silver fist and two levels in Knight disciple you are initiator level 4 and would have been initiator level 3 when you took your first level in Knight disciple.

If you were using just the base classes sans archetypes which is what your math seemed to be based on, your math would have been wrong. Assuming you had an initiator class in the mix, say warlord just for example. If you were a warlord 2/monk 1 your initiator level would still be 2 as pathfinder always rounds down. When you took your second level of monk only then would your initiator level increase to 3. So based on that math at monk 2/paladin 2/warlord x your initiator level would be x+2.