PDA

View Full Version : Dishonored 2 (please no spoilers): Dishonored 1 save game matter?

JeenLeen
2016-11-28, 04:54 PM
I think I'll be getting Dishonored 2 sometime in December, and I was wondering if anyone knew if having a save file from the original game mattered. Console version, in case that matters. I have Dishonored on Steam, and not sure what medium I'll have Dishonored 2 on.

Sayt
2016-11-28, 07:36 PM
No, your save game from Dishonored does not affect worldstate in Dishonored 2.

Ronnoc
2016-11-28, 07:39 PM
From my two playthroughs it appears to determine the chaos of the first playthrough based off of your actions in the first mission. If you complete the first level high chaos the game decides you were that way first time around too. Vice versa for low chaos.

JeenLeen
2016-11-28, 11:08 PM
Cool, and thanks. I'm glad to hear it, since I did a high chaos run last time and I'd prefer the other one to be my baseline.

Destro_Yersul
2016-11-29, 12:03 AM
They picked low chaos as the 'canon' for the first game.

factotum
2016-11-29, 03:16 AM
From my two playthroughs it appears to determine the chaos of the first playthrough based off of your actions in the first mission. If you complete the first level high chaos the game decides you were that way first time around too. Vice versa for low chaos.

I don't think that's entirely the case. I'm just doing a high chaos run-through now, and certain items of dialogue imply:

Daud from the first game is still alive, which would only happen if you did low chaos for the DLC.

Ronnoc
2016-11-29, 12:05 PM
I don't think that's entirely the case. I'm just doing a high chaos run-through now, and certain items of dialogue imply:

Daud from the first game is still alive, which would only happen if you did low chaos for the DLC.

Daud does seem to live regardless, I suspect he's going to be plot important in later games/dlc. I was mostly commenting based off of the outsider's dialogue

Landis963
2016-11-29, 12:19 PM

What was the Overseer outpost in the first mission preaching about?

factotum
2016-11-29, 04:15 PM
What was the Overseer outpost in the first mission preaching about?

I honestly can't remember now, it's a week or more since I did that mission. I do recall noticing it was different to the low chaos playthrough, though, because I thought it was quite good of the devs to put that in.

Landis963
2016-11-29, 10:54 PM
I honestly can't remember now, it's a week or more since I did that mission. I do recall noticing it was different to the low chaos playthrough, though, because I thought it was quite good of the devs to put that in.

If they mentioned Campbell's name, it's High Chaos. I'll have to look up what the sermon is, exactly, in High Chaos.

factotum
2016-11-30, 03:29 AM
If they mentioned Campbell's name, it's High Chaos. I'll have to look up what the sermon is, exactly, in High Chaos.

But...I know I'm in High Chaos because the mission ending screens tell me I am? :smallconfused:

Destro_Yersul
2016-11-30, 03:52 AM
That overseer has a few different sermons he loops through. I don't know if they're different on high or low chaos, but I do know that Campbell's name is not mentioned in low chaos.

ShneekeyTheLost
2016-11-30, 10:17 PM

When you first get the heart, your mother's spirit says 'the one who killed me still walks the world', which is to say, Daud. Since the only way for Daud to survive is the low-chaos ending (in fact, I believe it is only possible in a no-kill run), that's pretty much got to be canon. Of course, to hear that bit of script, you have to have a fairly high chaos in your first mission, so you're definitely not following in your father's footsteps.

Divayth Fyr
2016-12-01, 02:34 AM

The devs made his survival (https://twitter.com/harvey1966/status/620295832626196480) the canonical outcome

Sayt
2016-12-04, 04:44 AM
When you first get the heart, your mother's spirit says 'the one who killed me still walks the world', which is to say, Daud. Since the only way for Daud to survive is the low-chaos ending (in fact, I believe it is only possible in a no-kill run), that's pretty much got to be canon. Of course, to hear that bit of script, you have to have a fairly high chaos in your first mission, so you're definitely not following in your father's footsteps.
Actually, there are three possible outcomes: 1. You fight him and kill him. 2. You fight him and spare him. and 3. You 'ghost him' picking his pocket without fighting him.

Landis963
2016-12-04, 12:31 PM
But...I know I'm in High Chaos because the mission ending screens tell me I am? :smallconfused:

That overseer has a few different sermons he loops through. I don't know if they're different on high or low chaos, but I do know that Campbell's name is not mentioned in low chaos.

This. I was wondering if the Campbell one mentioned his name (or was even present) in Dishonored 2 High Chaos.

Destro_Yersul
2016-12-05, 05:45 AM
The sermons are the same in high chaos. Just checked.

Landis963
2016-12-09, 09:18 PM
Aw, that's a pity.

I recently came across an easter egg of sorts in the Royal Conservatory mission - on the upper floors of the Conservatory, there is a blackboard which happens to have a cocktail recipe on it. (The only ingredients I can remember are gin, ice, and nutmeg to garnish). Unfortunately, I hit the wrong keys when screenshotting this recipe, and so I would need to undo several levels' worth of progress in order to find it again. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Found it. It's literally just gin and sugar. And nutmeg. Something tells me that originality is not on the top ten list of desired qualities for Delilah's coven.

factotum
2016-12-10, 04:17 AM
EDIT: Found it. It's literally just gin and sugar. And nutmeg. Something tells me that originality is not on the top ten list of desired qualities for Delilah's coven.

There's actually a fish dumpling recipe somewhere in the game that someone on Youtube actually attempted to cook...worked surprisingly well, even though the recipe neglected to include how much liquid and flour needed to go into it!

Destro_Yersul
2016-12-10, 05:33 AM
that particular drink recipe shows up in a few places, the most appropriate of which is on a sandwich board outside a bar. I forget which level it's in, though. Maybe the Clockwork Mansion, in the city bits somewhere?