PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Prince Tuesday of Lomb - help me build the heir to the Land of Make Believe

pokewarr
2016-11-28, 07:27 PM
Full disclosure - I'm a sleep-deprived new dad with a daughter who loves Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. Watching this show with her, it is so transparent to me that the whole Land of Make Believe is a timeless demiplane created by King Friday, a massively powerful wizard of ages past.

King Friday started the plane to retire from the discord of the Material Plane with his wife and young son - Prince Tuesday. Over time, they invited others to join them - Music Man Stan (bard), Lady Elaine, Mr. and Mrs. Tiger (awakened Druidic companions escaping their fallen master).

For a time all was well, but the denizens of Lomb looked to the royal family's happiness and began to pine for their own children. King Friday felt a true sense of duty to his subjects, but there was a problem - to given them children he would have to lift the timeless property of the plane for years. He and his wife were young enough, but Prince Tuesday would grow into a teenager and find himself apart from the others - no longer a child but not yet a man.

In the end, King Friday and his wife judged their duty to the people greater and decided to sire another child to grow with the others of the next generation. Prince Wednesday, Daniel Tiger, O the Owl, Katerina Kitticat, and all the others were born and allowed to age into childhood. Prince Tuesday, for his part, having lived for decades and much wiser than his apparent age, agreed with the decision.

For a time all was well in Lomb - Prince Tuesday was respected and loved by all the people for his sacrifice, and by the children for his calmness and care. But Tuesday knew that there was no future for him in Lomb, not really. He lacked companionship and grew weary of being an eternal teenager when his heart yearned for more - growth, challenges, adventure!

At last Prince Tuesday went to his father and begged to be allowed access to the Material Plane to find his own path. King Friday and his wife were scared for their firstborn son, but understood well his plight. They wove a spell of planar shift, and bid Tuesday luck in his travels.

Armed with a few treasured possessions, Prince Tuesday finds himself transported into a wide world beyond anything he had prepared for.

He's a LG Human male of apparent age 16, though his long years of life have gifted him some experience - he starts at level 4.

What are his stats? Class? Style of play?

Duke of Urrel
2016-11-28, 11:52 PM
Whatever his class, Prince Tuesday should definitely have a Phylactery of Faithfulness that sings helpful advice to him, such as "When you're feeling frustra-ated, take a step back and ask for help," "See what it is; you might feel better," "It helps to say what you're feeling," "Solve a problem yourself, and you'll feel prou-ou-ou-oud," and "Stop, think, and choo-oo-oose."

I have a three-year-old girl, so I watch DT regularly, too.

Prince Tuesday sometimes mentions a baseball team that he plays with, which is suspicious, because a baseball game would include more people than the whole population of the Land of Make Believe. So he is definitely involved in some off-world activities.

Postscript: Here's another piece of intrigue. Apparently Donkey Hodie (http://www.neighborhoodarchive.com/mrn/characters/donkey_hodie/), who (as I remember from my own childhood) dwelt in the Land of Make Believe long ago, vanished without leaving any heir, because no little jack or jenny presently attends Teacher Harriet's school with Daniel Tiger and his friends. Finding out what happened to the old master of the windmill would be an appropriately ... quixotic quest for Prince Tuesday to undertake.