PDA

View Full Version : Homebrewing Symbionts - This one is kind of niche

atemu1234
2016-11-29, 01:08 AM
So I homebrewed a symbiont for use in a campaign of mine, it's supposed to evoke a Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Ultimate Eye feel, and only the captain of the guard of this one house of Drow has one. It's meant to be overpowered, but I'm just curious what others think of it.

Greater Peerless Eye (Fine Outsider)
Str 1
Dex 18
Con 8
Int 5
Wis 14
Cha 7
Ego 22
HD: 1d8-1 (3 hp)
Speed: 5 ft.
Initiative: +8
AC: 18 (+4 size, +4 dexterity) CMD: 10
BAB: +0 CMB: -4
Attacks: Sting -4 melee (1d2-4)
S/R: ½ /0
SA: Spell-like Abilities
SQ: Symbiont traits, darkvision 60 ft., telepathy
Saves: Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +4
Skills: Perception +6
Feats: Improved Initiative
Alignment: Lawful Evil
CR: ½
Spell-like Abilities: Always Active: True Seeing At-Will: Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Read Magic 3/day: Arcane Sight, Clairvoyance, Detect Scrying, Detect Secret Doors, Identify, Scrying, True Strike

Symbiont Effects:
- A creature who bonds with a greater peerless eye can use its spell-like abilities, as if they were the ones casting the abilities.
- A creature bonded with a greater peerless eye gain the benefits of Improved Uncanny Dodge as a character of their level.
- A creature bonded with a greater peerless eye gains the benefits of the Improved Initiative feat. If they already possess that feat, they gain a further +2 bonus to initiative.
- A creature bonded with a greater peerless eye gains a +4 bonus on Perception checks.
- At the beginning of each day, a creature bonded to a greater peerless eye takes 3d4 constitution damage.
- Removing a greater peerless eye will kill the bonded, unless they succeed on a DC 22 Fortitude save. Even if they succeed, they still take 2d6 constitution damage.

This creature slithers across the ground, looking like a monstrous eye, with black sclera and red slitted iris. Its ‘retina’ ends in a black spike about a half-inch long.