PDA

View Full Version : Utterances for Truenamer

criticalstriker
2007-07-14, 10:24 PM
Does anyone know if any new Utterances have been produced? I love Truenamers, but feel there is a severe lack in the number of Utterances available to the player.

If you have created any new ones, please post them.

TheLogman
2007-07-14, 10:28 PM
Doubt it, Truenaming wasn't real popular and since Truespeech is not Open Gaming Content, it is illegal to post the complete stats of any Truespeech Utterence, new or not.

The Demented One
2007-07-14, 10:29 PM
Here are a few. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10964)

criticalstriker
2007-07-14, 10:44 PM
Wow, its seriously illegal to produce new utterances? ... Why is it not that way with spells? Powers? Entire classes... I mean scroll through this page and you'll see at least two custom classes, why is it fine to produce those and not Utterances... that confuses me o.O :smallconfused:

Here are a few. Tank ye kindly good sir.

TheLogman
2007-07-14, 11:06 PM
Oh, it's perfectly alright to post ones other people have made, but if we were to put up something that was published by Wizards, that's Illegal.

The Demented One
2007-07-14, 11:08 PM
Doubt it, Truenaming wasn't real popular and since Truespeech is not Open Gaming Content, it is illegal to post the complete stats of any Truespeech Utterence, new or not.
Not how it works. If you go and make something of your own, you can still post it, but I don't think you can publish it.

TheLogman
2007-07-14, 11:34 PM
I know that, evidently I phrased what I was saying incorrectly, I meant that posting any complete stats for any Utterence made by Wizards is illegal, new or not.

Oh, and I checked out those Utterences you made, those are awesome.

Guildorn Tanaleth
2007-07-14, 11:50 PM
Not how it works. If you go and make something of your own, you can still post it, but I don't think you can publish it.

Legally, posting is a form of publishing.

DracoDei
2007-07-15, 12:44 AM
Yeah, but if WotC cared about going after not for profit stuff (and thus seriously alienating their fan-base) then this board would have been shut down years ago...