PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A More PS shenanigans

CalleroftheDeep
2016-11-29, 05:20 PM
Hello,

So we are doing a one-off ELC, and we are meant to break the game with it. My DM has already okayed me playing planar shepherd, choosing Xoriat as my home plane, and using the Pseudonatural Template to become any creature possible, with the exception of constructs, because of the SS creature type pyramid (since they can't become outsiders with the template applied, they aren't available to PS).

Now my main question is whether or not that allows me to turn into abyssal lords or other legendary characters of one kind of another, assuming I meet the HD requirements. While I realize that you can not wild shape into any unique version of a creature (so no templates/HD boosts unless you are planar shepherd and using shenanigans), lords of the abyss have no template applied to them; they are, for all intents and purposes, their own kind of creature, just like a dire bear is different from a bear. I believe my DM will be game for this, since it is just a one-off, but I wanted to get your opinions on it.