PDA

View Full Version : Equipment & Feat Suggestions - Wild Elf Favored Soul

redzimmer
2016-11-29, 05:23 PM
I am working on making a recurring character. She is a wild elf favoured soul (with a level gestalt in ranger) of Solonor Thelandira.

Can you suggest some gear and feat progression for levels 1, 5 and 9?

Yes, sub-optimal. Yes, X class would be better. She's a supporting character who I just want to flesh out quickly. Thank you in advance.

Darrin
2016-11-30, 05:58 AM

Sourcebooks available? Online or Dragon magazine ok? Budget available?

redzimmer
2016-11-30, 12:31 PM
Sourcebooks available? Online or Dragon magazine ok? Budget available?

Anything from the published WOTC 3.5 books and/or searchable online from Dragon or the wizards website.

WBL for each.

Nifft
2016-11-30, 12:47 PM
I am working on making a recurring character. She is a wild elf favoured soul (with a level gestalt in ranger) of Solonor Thelandira.

Yes, sub-optimal. Yes, X class would be better. She's a supporting character who I just want to flesh out quickly. Thank you in advance.

Start with the NPC gear in the DMG. That covers many of the basics.

Now, figure out what's special about her. I'm guessing it's something to do with archery, because Elf and Solonor and Ranger. So she should have some kind of special bow, which might appear level 5. Then at level 9 she's awakened more of the bow's powers.

Spells:
- Quick & dirty, just merge the spells available to both classes. Give her early access to Ranger spells, in other words, and a few bonus spells known, but no separate Ranger spell progression, mostly because it's annoying to track.

Feats:
- L1: Expeditious Dodge
- L2 (bonus): Rapid Shot
- L3: Point Blank Shot
- L6: Mobility
- L6 (bonus): Manyshot
- L9: Shot on the Run

Dull but usable.