PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Ben Stiller Pun Village

Hudsonian
2016-11-30, 11:35 AM
Hey,
So I am preparing for my session tonight and I realized that do to some of the other easter egg jokes the whole village was pretty close to being an elaborate Ben Stiller pun.

I'm looking for NPCs and small details that would bring it to completion, but I don't actually know Ben Stiller's career that well. Advice?

A hat maker named Rebel (wilson, who played the British guard in NoM3)
Her Brother Wilson(, Owen) (barkeep that shoots hand crossbows into the ceiling Cowboy style)
A thieving Monkey owned by a guardsman
Magnum, the super dumb but gorgeous Cobbler that can't turn left
Tuggman the over zealous shopkeep that constantly wants to restart conversations
Goodman the halfling Armorsmith that believes armor is to look pretty but that dodging is the only true way to avoid damage
Patches the town drunk/beggar that is always throwing things at passers by

Stealth Marmot
2016-11-30, 12:47 PM
Make sure that the city has a still making Beer, and that the beer is named after the still which kept getting rebuilt. Still A, Still B, Still C...

Right now they are up to Still R.

The Fury
2016-11-30, 01:17 PM
A local construction crew that's made up of ants. Sometimes they forget that they're making stuff for humans and make buildings super tiny.

Pex
2016-12-02, 07:24 PM
Is there an opportunity for a PC to have a girl/boyfriend? The PC will need to meet the parents.

The children play dodgeball.

MBControl
2016-12-03, 12:48 PM
The local Mead/Ale is very strong and fruity. That's why it's called Tropic Thunder.

Have the symbol of the town be a lion (Stiller's character from Madagascar)

The local leader or detective could be named Starsky

The town drunk is known simply as Simple Jack

He was is in a good movie called Zero Effect. That's a cool term, and a real deep cut. Not sure how to use that one though. Maybe a magical weapon the leader of the town uses.

RazorChain
2016-12-03, 06:38 PM
Dont forget the local wannabe hero who calls himself Mr. Furious

Pex
2016-12-04, 12:03 AM
If a PC has the Phantasmal Force spell whenever the party faces humanoid bad guys have one of them named Walter or Mitt who secretly autofails his saving throw against that spell.