PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Lists of all Half-Dragons?

unseenmage
2016-11-30, 02:11 PM
I need a list of every half dragon that includes their sources.

Am going to use it to expand on my List of Every Playable Creature (found in my sig).

I'll need every half dragon from all of 3.0 and 3.5 as well as WotC Archives material, Dungeon Magazine, Dragon Magazine, Dragonlance material, Dark Sun material, Birthright material.

Thanks in advance to whoever hooks me up with the info.

Ruethgar
2016-11-30, 02:19 PM
Pretty certain Races of the Dragon is fairly explicit that it is the definitive list of all possible half dragons for 3.5. Other Dragons that are True by earlier definitions or have been printed as half dragons elsewhere are no longer eligible.

DrMotives
2016-11-30, 02:52 PM
Pretty certain Races of the Dragon is fairly explicit that it is the definitive list of all possible half dragons for 3.5. Other Dragons that are True by earlier definitions or have been printed as half dragons elsewhere are no longer eligible.

That list is missing sand dragon from sandstorm, as I recall. Also, there's a bunch in Dragon magazine not covered. Those would planar dragons for all the other Outer & Transport planes except Hell (why doesn't Hell get a true dragon? No idea), the tome dragon, the hex dragon, the brainstealer dragon. Compendium annual has yellow, purple, and orange dragons. Last issue has time dragons, which are epic dragons on par with the two from 3.0's epic level handbook. There was a 2-headed dragon from some article about Mongolian folklore, sadly the editing is so bad it's not usable. There's a web supplement with obsidian dragons, so gem dragons finally have a [fire] subtyped dragon. And Dragon #345 has three sea serpents, which are written up as wingless aquatic true dragons. I have used a half-lantern serpent giant crawfish in my campaign, good dumb but weird looking brute.

Ruethgar
2016-11-30, 03:30 PM
Any that were printed before RotD are no longer valid is the point. The list is missing many previously True dragons that should have had half dragon variants and likely several half dragons previously printed, but it is an update and makes them no longer valid half dragons.

Incarnum dragons were printed after RotD as I recall and are thus True by the Dracinomicon definition, but do not have an official half dragon variant that I am aware of.

Remuko
2016-11-30, 03:31 PM
That list is missing sand dragon from sandstorm, as I recall. Also, there's a bunch in Dragon magazine not covered. Those would planar dragons for all the other Outer & Transport planes except Hell (why doesn't Hell get a true dragon? No idea), the tome dragon, the hex dragon, the brainstealer dragon. Compendium annual has yellow, purple, and orange dragons. Last issue has time dragons, which are epic dragons on par with the two from 3.0's epic level handbook. There was a 2-headed dragon from some article about Mongolian folklore, sadly the editing is so bad it's not usable. There's a web supplement with obsidian dragons, so gem dragons finally have a [fire] subtyped dragon. And Dragon #345 has three sea serpents, which are written up as wingless aquatic true dragons. I have used a half-lantern serpent giant crawfish in my campaign, good dumb but weird looking brute.

Yeah it is weird that Hell doesnt have a true dragon given that Tiamat's divine realm is there.

Ruethgar
2016-11-30, 03:35 PM
There are a couple people who've converted the Hellfire Wyrm to follow the True Dragon style and it is certainly powerful enough to be one.

Remuko
2016-12-01, 01:07 AM
There are a couple people who've converted the Hellfire Wyrm to follow the True Dragon style and it is certainly powerful enough to be one.

That makes a lot of sense. One of the biggest campaigns I DMed back in 3.0 with my IRL friends had a hellfire wyrm as the BBEG.

druid zook
2017-04-15, 11:58 AM
Did you ever find a half-dragon template for the time dragon? How would the breath weapon work? Knock foes into the future?

Particle_Man
2017-04-15, 06:16 PM
Are there half-dragons for the mini-dragons like faerie dragon and pseudodragon?

WhamBamSam
2017-04-15, 08:20 PM
There are special rules for Half-Shadow Dragon Drow in some web adventure or other which gives them wings despite being medium sized.

MesiDoomstalker
2017-04-15, 10:25 PM
There are special rules for Half-Shadow Dragon Drow in some web adventure or other which gives them wings despite being medium sized.

I'm about 95% sure that's because there is such a character in one of the Drow FR books. They are... alright stories but their connection to the game mechanics (and flagrant disregard for them) makes them hard to read, personally.

NOhara24
2017-04-16, 03:01 PM
I need a list of every half dragon that includes their sources.

Am going to use it to expand on my List of Every Playable Creature (found in my sig).

I'll need every half dragon from all of 3.0 and 3.5 as well as WotC Archives material, Dungeon Magazine, Dragon Magazine, Dragonlance material, Dark Sun material, Birthright material.

Thanks in advance to whoever hooks me up with the info.

So a lot of the time people tend to treat GiantITP like a search engine...this is one of those times. I think the old saying was "Not your personal army.", IIRC.

That being said, a good place to start looking is both Monster Manual I and Races of the Dragon - that will get you about 18 different types.

unseenmage
2017-04-16, 03:15 PM
So a lot of the time people tend to treat GiantITP like a search engine...this is one of those times. I think the old saying was "Not your personal army.", IIRC.

That being said, a good place to start looking is both Monster Manual I and Races of the Dragon - that will get you about 18 different types.

1) This is an old thread that someone had necro-ed.

2) You can help yourself off your high horse anytime.

And 3) This was a request for a project intended to be shared and benefit the Playground as a whole (as described in the OP it was to enrich an already shared project), not some 4chan-esque revenge thing.

dysprosium
2017-04-17, 09:53 AM

Dragons of Faerun web enhancement adventure Wyrmshadows