PDA

View Full Version : Cool BBEGs you've made or fought against?

danielxcutter
2016-12-01, 02:46 AM
Anyone want to share some of the memorable villains they've fought in a campaign, or perhaps made and used by yourself while you were DMing? Try not to include "joke villains" that are not meant to be taken seriously at all.

Edit: Please go into depth when describing the villains. Also, mechanically fun enemies are welcome too.

Crake
2016-12-01, 03:17 AM
Not so much BBEG specifically, but more like upper management of mortal affairs for one of the demon lords I run in my game (demon lords, celestial paragons and other beings of that nature are the "gods" of my game, I don't run deific level entities in my world, with a couple of incredibly rare exceptions). I mentioned it in the other thread regarding prestige classes used for villains and NPCs in general, but they're three succubi, with the exact same build, short of each of them taking a different "fiend of XYZ" class from fiend folio. I gestalt them using my homebrew optional gestalt system (shameless plug, link in my sig) with binder 5/ur-priest 2/tenebrous apostate 5, and the three of them work together, corrupting, twisting and molding mortal to their master's desire.

I was actually going to run one of them as the BBEG-ish character in an anti-undead themed game I started, but then it was made clear to me that the key player in the game only wanted to mindlessly dungeon crawl, which pretty much turned me of that game, so I shelved it and ran another where drow are now on the moon :smalltongue:

Another set of cool BBEGs I ran were evil twins from an alternate universe that had been corrupted by old gods (wheras in the current universe they are safely imprisoned within the planet itself), as well as a yochlol who's physical was imprisoned within a tree by an ancient druid, only to manage to possess the druid after many years of corrupting the forest around her, using a noxious gas that ate away at the druids soul from within, leaving her a dead husk for the yochlol to possess. From there, she plotted to free herself, unable to convince the local inhabitants to chop down her tree, and unable to do it herself thanks to a dying curse the druid put upon her, she set about nefarious plots involving selling fairies (one of which was a player) to mages, while also "giving them her blessing" in cutting down the forest, until eventually they got to her tree, accidentally setting her free.