PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Advice for Martial Flexibility feats?

Togath
2016-12-01, 06:51 AM
So I'm making a strength and con heavy wild child catfolk brawler(with the climb speed alternate trait, and a Yolubis Heron animal companion).
So... Does anyone ahve advice for good feats to take to open stuff for martial flexibility? And what are good options for martial flexibility itself?
So far, combat expertise as a stable feat for "all of the combat maneuver feats" has seemed like one good choice... Any others?
As for martial flexibility's floating feat... Maybe sometimes teamwork feats for my heron?

DedWards
2016-12-01, 09:27 AM
I have yet to play a Brawler. But situational Feats; Combat Maneuver Feats; and Teamwork Feats seem like the best options.

The situational Feats option will test your knowledge of Feats. This one is also the most expensive, so I can't really offer suggestions.

Combat Maneuver Feats will probably be your go to Feat choices. These are self explanatory. A note though, Combat Expertise may be worth taking as an actual Feat to qualify for some Combat Maneuver Feats, but it isn't needed for all of them.

All Teamwork Feats require an Ally to have the Feat too. This is awesome with a Hunter or Inquisitor, who get bonus Teamwork Feats, buy without a Teamwork ally, you'd be better off with the two options above.

Geddy2112
2016-12-01, 09:40 AM
In addition to the maneuver and teamwork feats, check out the style feats; brawler has improved unarmed strike which is the prerequisite for most of them. You can learn a style on the fly, depending on what you want to do for the combat.

stack
2016-12-01, 01:14 PM
If you want to do maneuvers, take dirty fighting, not combat expertise. Brawler can already get around some requirements, but it is still better.

Kitsuneymg
2017-03-19, 03:29 AM
A neat trick: grab martial/armor focus with one feat, and advanced weapon/armor training with the other. Get versatile/adaptable training with your advanced training feat. Have instant full ranks of a handful of neat skills. Sense motive, escape artist, climb, swim, bluff, diplomacy, intimidate, and fly are all selectable. it's not a ton, but insane skill mastery could surprise the heck out of a dm who has the fighter pegged as a nothing.

Also. The versatile/adaptable training talents let you instantly retrain stuff you have in the skill you select. So you might be able to take advantage of that. Slotting ride over to fly, or swim to use magic device or something. So you can actually get a lot of ranks of any skill if your willing to get a book thrown at you.

DMs may make the change permanent or only last 1 minute. The latter is more amusing. The idiot savant who instantly masters knowledge: this particular room, and then forgets everything 10 rounds later has some good character potential.

Eldonauran
2017-03-19, 11:48 AM
If you don't neglect your knowledge skills, you can identify a creature type and make use of Dedicated Adversary (http://archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Dedicated%20Adversary). Boom, instant favored enemy.

Discarvio
2017-07-19, 02:46 AM
A neat trick: grab martial/armor focus with one feat, and advanced weapon/armor training

One Prerequisite of advanced armor training, is that you need to have "armor training", so this Combo is not possible unless you somehow manage to play a fighter till lvl 3 or am I missing something?

jmelesky
2018-01-02, 03:31 PM
One Prerequisite of advanced armor training, is that you need to have "armor training", so this Combo is not possible unless you somehow manage to play a fighter till lvl 3 or am I missing something?

No, but Kitsuneymg was, I think. They were referring to the Martial Focus (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Martial%20Focus) and Armor Focus (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Armor%20Focus) feats. They give you weapon training and armor training, respectively.

However, they only give you those features for use as prerequisites for Weapon Mastery and Armor Mastery feats, not for anything else. So you can't use them to get AWT or AAT.

Double however, there's a fighter archetype which gets martial flexibility, the Martial Master (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Fighter%20Martial% 20Master). That trades out weapon training, but keeps armor training, so you could use that trick with the Adaptable Training option of AAT.