PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi capable system needed

mithrawnudo
2016-12-01, 11:42 AM
I've Homebrewed up a sci-fi setting and need a system to go with it. It will be a mix of space ships and Mecha. No magic system needed. It will be a fairly realistic setting, but with some nonsensium.

I've done a bit of play in GURPS, but I don't know how good it actually is. I don't have a preference as far as how the system works. Anyone know of a system that would work?

Grod_The_Giant
2016-12-01, 11:54 AM
Well... what kind of things are you looking for in a system? Classes or point buy? Single-die or dice pools? How much crunch? Something gritty, something over the top, somewhere in between?

mithrawnudo
2016-12-01, 11:58 AM
Well... what kind of things are you looking for in a system? Classes or point buy? Single-die or dice pools? How much crunch? Something gritty, something over the top, somewhere in between?

Some crunch, but other than that I don't really care. Classes or point-buy are fine. Pools or not is fine. I don't mind learning a new system as long as it can be adapted and is fun.

CharonsHelper
2016-12-01, 12:06 PM
Some crunch, but other than that I don't really care. Classes or point-buy are fine. Pools or not is fine. I don't mind learning a new system as long as it can be adapted and is fun.

I'm tooting my own horn, but I actually have an RPG system I'm working on called Space Dogs (pretty much done - play-testing has been going well and I'm starting to commission artwork) which is a mix of space ships & mecha. Though to warn you - the mecha are designed to be a bit on the small side. (the biggest one is 7-8 meters tall)

You totally want to get in on the ground floor of the best RPG eva! Right!?

LibraryOgre
2016-12-01, 12:45 PM
I've started playing around with converting Robotech to Star Wars 2e R&E/d6 Space. So far, I've just done the Valkyrie and the Zentraedi, but things like Cyclones, Destroids, and such are coming when I stop being lazy.

ComradeBear
2016-12-01, 04:36 PM
I would try Stars Without Number, except that psionics are a thing in that system. It should be possible to go without them, though and easily adapt most of it to your needs.

KillingTime
2016-12-04, 12:36 PM
Try open legend rpg.
It's an open source system that's a bit of a mash-up of the d20 and a dice pool.
Pretty simple, very easy to port to different settings, and because it's open source it's practically begging to be home-brewed up in some way or another.