PDA

View Full Version : Character build suggestions

Nekcihc
2016-12-01, 01:11 PM
Hi, we are about to start a home brew campaign and I have an idea for a character but not sure where to go on building him. He is to be a neutral evil human psionic build character. That's really all I've got on specifics. My vision is to make him a "pusher" for those who've seen the movie push or like killgrave for those comic book fans and those who've watched Jessica Jones. For those who haven't, I want him, and his power to revolve around persuasion, only I want to take it a step further if possible. Anyone have any suggestions?? Thank you so much!!

gfishfunk
2016-12-01, 02:23 PM
While there are no psionics in 5e, that concept sounds like a Bard.

Persuasion and magic persuasion? Yup. Dominate person is a 5th level spell, so direct control is a bit further off in the future. Bard features like bardic inspiration (and later, cutting words) have some of that effect.

If you want to take it a step further into evil, go GOO Warlock, or possibly Fey Warlock.

BiPolar
2016-12-01, 02:28 PM
While there are no psionics in 5e, that concept sounds like a Bard.

Persuasion and magic persuasion? Yup. Dominate person is a 5th level spell, so direct control is a bit further off in the future. Bard features like bardic inspiration (and later, cutting words) have some of that effect.

If you want to take it a step further into evil, go GOO Warlock, or possibly Fey Warlock.

And as much as I dislike the multiclass, I agree with the Warlock dip for Eldritch Blast with Repelling Blast invocation. It's the "push" you're looking for :)

Nekcihc
2016-12-01, 04:31 PM
Thank you so much! That sounds just like what I'm trying to accomplish!

Nekcihc
2016-12-02, 12:36 PM
Hey guys, I talked to my dm and he said that wizards of the coast released the psionics class on the website thorough pdf for play test and that's what we'll be using. Just an update on case anyone had tried it already can throw some suggestions my way. :) Thank you for the help everyone!!

dejarnjc
2016-12-02, 12:41 PM
Hey guys, I talked to my dm and he said that wizards of the coast released the psionics class on the website thorough pdf for play test and that's what we'll be using. Just an update on case anyone had tried it already can throw some suggestions my way. :) Thank you for the help everyone!!

FYI they're also scheduled to release another revised version that includes levels 1-15 (maybe 1-20) w/ additional disciplines. It'll also likely be more balanced since people have had time to play test the last release.

jaappleton
2016-12-02, 12:48 PM
FYI they're also scheduled to release another revised version that includes levels 1-15 (maybe 1-20) w/ additional disciplines. It'll also likely be more balanced since people have had time to play test the last release.

The timeframe on that was originally by the end of November. But with the new schedule of "UA every Monday", it's been pushed to "by the end of the year". I inquired numerous times to see how different the first 5 levels would be, but Mearls won't say.

I figured if the first 5 levels would be almost the same, I could make a Psionic with the UA available and hopefully not go past level 5 by the time the newest version was released, but alas...

TheUser
2016-12-02, 12:48 PM
Hi, we are about to start a home brew campaign and I have an idea for a character but not sure where to go on building him. He is to be a neutral evil human psionic build character. That's really all I've got on specifics. My vision is to make him a "pusher" for those who've seen the movie push or like killgrave for those comic book fans and those who've watched Jessica Jones. For those who haven't, I want him, and his power to revolve around persuasion, only I want to take it a step further if possible. Anyone have any suggestions?? Thank you so much!!

Didn't check entire thread but a half-elf subtle spell dragon sorcerer can use the spell suggestion without anyone noticing. You essentially have the jedi-mind trick.
It breaks social encounters, even if you fail or succeed it doesn't alert the person you are charming that they have indeed been charmed (the way charm person does).