PDA

View Full Version : Kingmaker

Toadkiller
2016-12-02, 01:18 AM
So, I'm going to riff off of the Pathfinder Kingmaker module for a 5e campaign. Is there a general crosswalk out there if how Pathfinder levels compare to 5e? I'm ok (I think) with converting the first book. But it is supposed to end at 4th level. It seems, for what they will accomplish, 5e might say it would be higher I think. I want to make sure I don't run out of levels before I do books. (Which does assume the campaign takes off I guess.)

jkat718
2016-12-02, 10:20 AM
Good luck with that, I'm interested in seeing what you come up with. I have yet to find a good stronghold system for 5e.

cZak
2016-12-02, 12:24 PM
I ran Red Hand o Doom for a 5e group.
Eventually discovered that I could just use the encounters straight out of Monster Manual stats with no character class additions very smoothly. It was a wonderful discovery of the ease of 5e over previous editions.

I briefly played Kingmaker w 3.P characters, but the game collapsed before finishing the first book. Was really looking forward to the realm building rules in action.
I don't recall, but did the kingdom building mechanics have anything to do with 3.x rules mechanics? Maybe it had characters use skill modifiers to develop?
From recollection, seems fairly easy to port over to 5e

MinotaurWarrior
2016-12-02, 01:13 PM
Good luck with that, I'm interested in seeing what you come up with. I have yet to find a good stronghold system for 5e.

I'd just port the pathfinder rules directly. Same for the business rules. It goes kinda against 5e's design philosophy, and the few ability checks you make where the mods come substantially from you character will be lower and swinger, but 'eh.

Kane0
2016-12-02, 03:40 PM
It ports over pretty well directly. Just use the equivalent stats of thi gs you can find in the MM and you should be sweet.
The kingdom building rules dont rely on regular character rules beyond knowing their atteibute bonus