PDA

View Full Version : Star wars saga species conversion

YPU
2007-07-15, 09:31 AM
I got my hands on the new starwars d20 edition. (the sage version) and now I am left wondering how best to approach the conversion of races from the old version to the new. Of course the standard races have all been done but I am talking about the huge amount of creatures in alien anthology. I have taken a look at how the basic species get changed but cant seem to find a patern. Most importantly are bonuses on skills, these change either into skill focus or a re-roll and sometimes into both. Any idea’s on this?

Matthew
2007-07-16, 10:05 PM
Hmmn, they must be doing this on the Wizards Website. Have you checked there?

TheGreatJabu
2007-07-17, 10:31 AM
I can almost guarantee that they're just waiting a while before they release a Saga Edition Alien Anthology. Come on, why waste the opportunity to sell us a book we already have? It's the classic M.O. of Wizards! :smallamused:

Matthew
2007-07-17, 10:45 AM
Sorry, I meant the Forum goers, rather than the professionals. No doubt they are planning on releasing a supplement!

YPU
2007-07-17, 02:28 PM
yea, im sure they are releasing one, later on. also i am sure there has to be one on the wizards, i just cant find it.

talsine
2007-07-17, 03:09 PM
there is a older thread for specieis conversions on the wizards forums (which is bookmarked at home, no access to their boards at work) in "The Mess Hall" section of the SW forums. They have also stated that they do not plan to reprint old books in a new format, so i would expect to see races here and there in new SAGA edition books as well as through WE's. TO be honest though, most of the conversion should be pretty straight forward. Except for Miralukans (sp?), i've just banned them for the moment, but i'll have to fix them eventualy