PDA

View Full Version : What species you want to see?

YPU
2007-07-15, 10:09 AM
A time ago I posted this question and it brought up a lot of interesting idea’s.
What sort of playable creature do you want to see for dnd. This isn’t like a ‘wizards should make a’ or anything just throw in your freaky idea’s. also note whether or not they should be LA or not.

Zeta Kai
2007-07-15, 10:49 AM
This belongs in the general Gaming forum, not in Homebrew.

YPU
2007-07-15, 11:41 AM
Actually i think it does, also, last time the topic ended up going into brewing up stats for some suggestions real quick.

Xuincherguixe
2007-07-15, 04:10 PM
I'd like to see some more distinctly non human races, that are still reasonable playable. Probably with either no level adjustment or a very low one.

I've had discussions with some people though it was more a science fiction related issue. It basically comes down to that pretty much everything needs something along the lines of opposable hands. Tentacles/Prehensile tails are probably close enough though.

And if this sounds open ended that's because it's supposed to be :P

YPU
2007-07-15, 04:16 PM
I think that d20 future has mud like creatures that can change their shape, they commonly take the rough shape of humanoids because that works best in the universe.
I would like to see a playable race without LA that has a reasonable climb speed, and doesn’t look like a monkey.
Also, what do you people think of a race that gains vision trough magic, automatically identifying the school since that is what they see as color. On the other hand, they would be color blind and could not see anything in a antimagic field.

Karma Guard
2007-07-15, 06:38 PM
I still want a vulture-based race that has wings. Even with just a gliding ability.

And 2 or better LA.

Scent, maybe a natural attack from the beak or feet, gliding, and a Str bonus. That's all I want. B|

And Bat people. I could just use the Moreau from D20 Modern, but I'm lazy. :V

I did come up with Cuttlefish Moreau. I should post them here...

I would like to see a playable race without LA that has a reasonable climb speed, and doesn’t look like a monkey.

Stickbug people. Climb 30', Move 20', Medium creatures. +con, -Dex. Bonus to Hide checks when among sticks. Ey?

Xuincherguixe
2007-07-15, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't know how to stat them, but I came up with some alien races back in my younger years, and this was where the thought that all civilization capable life forms should have something equivalent to opposable thumbs.

But I think the one that would fit best into D&D were these things that had characteristics of insects, reptiles, and mammals all rolled into one freaky thing. Six limbs, and it had an extremely deadly sharp tail. They didn't have vocal cords and instead communicated by making various clicks and clacks. They did have organs somewhat similar to vocal cords which allowed those particular sounds to be modified, and thus they had a language.

Though, they were intended to be pretty vicious.

Another race were rock eating rock people. They had a nervous system composed of silicon. There method of communication was with an array of light producing organs.

Telepathic Jellyfish. Not much needs to be said about them (seen one telepathic Jellyfish seen em all)

Those were the only really interesting ones I came up with. But yeah, I've always had really far out ideas :P

stolenchariot
2007-07-29, 06:55 PM
well, i've kinda already statted them out, but I wouldn't mind a centaur race nerfed to maybe a LA +1 or so. LA +2 in addition to 4HD seems too much.

ZeroNumerous
2007-07-29, 08:03 PM
A race of living parasites that need not eat/breathe and only subsist on the spinal fluid of intelligent species. Possibly even tapping into the spine of their attached subject and controlling them like a meat puppet?

jindra34
2007-07-29, 08:05 PM
A race of living parasites that need not eat/breathe and only subsist on the spinal fluid of intelligent species. Possibly even tapping into the spine of their attached subject and controlling them like a meat puppet?

Thats the puppeteer race for you.