PDA

View Full Version : Most Stealthy Way Your Party Has Killed an Npc/boss/monster/ect~

Flameclaws
2016-12-03, 04:21 AM
i am in a stealthy campaign and i need i few ideas, what better way for inspiration than people's own Stories on how it has worked for them in the past.

SaintRidley
2016-12-03, 12:44 PM
You probably want the Roleplaying Games (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?30-Roleplaying-Games) forum rather than this one.

Freed
2016-12-29, 12:36 AM
Once I phased through a wall, coup-de-graced a sleeping hobgoblin, phased back through.

littlebum2002
2016-12-29, 11:38 AM
A Jermlaine (or any other Tiny creature) with a level in Psychic Warrior to get Augmented Compression which can bring their size down to Fine. My favorite skill to have for a sneaky character.

King of Nowhere
2017-01-04, 06:23 AM
Not sure if it counts as sthealty, but it certainly was underhanded:
I had introduced a ludicrously rich guy, mostly as a joke; this guy ate only diamonds and drank only gold dissolved in mercury, and he had quite the staff of clerics just to keep him alive. The villain did stuff that was intended to cause strife between the political faction of this rich guy and the players' political faction, using misdirection to blame the players. Instead of going after the villain, the players just found good evidence for the villlain's guilt and presented it to the rich guy, so the rich guy just bribed the villain's accomplices into switching sides, then he executed the villain by stoning him with egg-sized diamonds. To date, I still haven't found a convincing long-term villain to replace him.

pendell
2017-01-26, 01:45 PM
Not sure if it counts as sthealty, but it certainly was underhanded:
I had introduced a ludicrously rich guy, mostly as a joke; this guy ate only diamonds and drank only gold dissolved in mercury, and he had quite the staff of clerics just to keep him alive. The villain did stuff that was intended to cause strife between the political faction of this rich guy and the players' political faction, using misdirection to blame the players. Instead of going after the villain, the players just found good evidence for the villlain's guilt and presented it to the rich guy, so the rich guy just bribed the villain's accomplices into switching sides, then he executed the villain by stoning him with egg-sized diamonds. To date, I still haven't found a convincing long-term villain to replace him.

That ... that was awesome.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Rogar Demonblud
2017-01-26, 04:05 PM
We once transmuted a werewolf's wine into wolfsbane.

Keltest
2017-01-27, 03:49 PM
We dropped a petrified dwarf onto a dragon from low orbit. It was not subtle, but the dragon certainly never saw it coming.