PDA

View Full Version : Lycanthropy and other alternate forms

EndocrineBandit
2016-12-03, 02:26 PM
Specifically thinking like, greater wild shape into humanoids or giants as a lycanthrope MoMF or a doppelganger lycanthrope. Could they adopt a form that their lycanthropy applies and adopt a hybrid form from there?

Necroticplague
2016-12-03, 02:32 PM
Not sure what you're asking. You can't Wild Shape into creatures with templates. So you can't Wild Shape into a werewolf, than assume hybrid form (which would also be in violation of the 'don't gain the supernatural abilities of form' rule). Similarly, if you're a Lycanthrope already, then you retain the ability to enter your hybrid form, regardless of what you're Wild Shaped into. However, the Hybrid Form is a distinct shape from all others, with prescribed stats. So Wild Shaping into a Firbolg, the assuming Hybrid Form, will have the same effects as assuming hybrid Form directly.

EndocrineBandit
2016-12-03, 02:39 PM
The second part answered my question. I didn't know if the hybrid form was based on natural our current state. I couldn't find anything leaning one way or the other.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-12-03, 02:41 PM
I'm fairly sure he means gaining lycanthropy and using the hybrid form to become a hybrid of an anima and whatever other form you take. Like, if a dragon polymorphs into a human and catches wolf lycanthropy. Could the dragon use his lycanthropy to become a dragon/wolf hybrid?

EndocrineBandit
2016-12-03, 02:45 PM
No no, the character in question has lycanthropy, and qualifies for MoMF. The example that was given, becoming a firbolg, while the base creature has lycanthropy, if it assumes hybrid form from there, would he be a firbolg hybrid boar? Or his natural form with proper adjustments?

Also, dragons aren't candidates for lycanthropy. If I recall, humanoids and giants only.

Necroticplague
2016-12-03, 03:16 PM
Also, dragons aren't candidates for lycanthropy. If I recall, humanoids and giants only.

Yes, but in his example, the dragon had been Polymorphed into a human. Polymorph changes the type to Humanoid, thus making them a valid target then.