2016-12-03, 05:01 PM
Final thoughts:
1. It was an hour too long.
2. Too little Wonderwoman
3. Too much Lex Luthor Joker JR.
4. First half was downright boring.
5. The CGI was bad.
6. Best Batman since Tim Burton's Batman.*

*Best Batman is Adam West Batman. Nolan Batman is so overrated it isn't funny.

Hopeless
2016-12-04, 09:04 AM
Thoughts:
1. Given what I've heard they did to the theatrical release and the fact I have only watched the ultimate edition can't really comment yet!
2. DEFINITELY needed more Wonder Woman
3. I'd rather they used the Clancy Brown version at least he's competent and a far better Lex even if the animated version!
4. Showed how bad Man of Steel was.
5. Doomsday definitely!
6. Michael Keaton is a definite rival with Ben Affleck which is a surprise for me from what I hear he's handled better in the Suicide Squad movie!

Avilan the Grey
2016-12-04, 10:36 AM
One thing about the first 60% of the movie: They are trying to set up three parallel story lines, Not showing any action, really, in either of them, instead of letting the three plot lines leapfrog between story and action on the way.

Darth Ultron
2016-12-04, 08:41 PM
One thing about the first 60% of the movie: They are trying to set up three parallel story lines.

Superman: Doomsday, Batman: Worlds of Wonder and Dawn of Justice really should have been three movies. Mashing them all into one movie sure did not work. And really they could have put Wonder Woman: Odyssey in there too.

Avilan the Grey
2016-12-05, 01:00 AM
Superman: Doomsday, Batman: Worlds of Wonder and Dawn of Justice really should have been three movies. Mashing them all into one movie sure did not work. And really they could have put Wonder Woman: Odyssey in there too.

In fact, mixing the stories took away from all of them. Especially, by removing Bruce's agency (being manipulated by Lex) the "central" storyline, that everyone came to see, lost a LOT.

Hopeless
2016-12-05, 05:17 AM
Makes me wonder what if they had done the Wonder Woman movie first then Man of Steel as I think that would have been harder for them to mess up as badly!

NecroDancer
2016-12-05, 11:46 AM
Remember kids, you can stop a murderous Superman if your mom has the same first name as his mom.

Kyberwulf
2016-12-05, 12:36 PM
Think you mean batman

Hopeless
2016-12-05, 12:41 PM
Remember there will always someone who doesn't like the seemingly overpowered new kid on the block as well as the bad kid on the block its just when the crazy rich guy is ignored when they allow him access to advanced tech, information and no adult supervision is when things get ugly...:smalleek:

And when the greek girl tells you, you're wrong... you are, its less painful that way!:smallwink:

When the world's greatest detective can't tell when Joker 2.0 is right in front of him... sigh:smallannoyed:

Avilan the Grey
2016-12-05, 01:07 PM
And when the greek girl tells you, you're wrong... you are, its less painful that way!:smallwink:

When the world's greatest detective can't tell when Joker 2.0 is right in front of him... sigh:smallannoyed:

Gal Gadot can tell me whater she wants. :smallwink:

Admittedly this version of Bats seems more based on Miller than anything else, including the very bulky body and short ears. This batman is much more about violence, far less about terror or crime solving. Btw, I hated TDKR (the comic).

Oh and I think you mean "Joker 0.8 Beta". Not 2.0

lord_khaine
2016-12-05, 02:17 PM
Gal Gadot can tell me whater she wants.

Admittedly this version of Bats seems more based on Miller than anything else, including the very bulky body and short ears. This batman is much more about violence, far less about terror or crime solving. Btw, I hated TDKR (the comic).

Agree on both accounts! :smalltongue:

TDKR were a horrible travesty, that mainly seemed like Miller doing his best to see how character assasinations he could perform. And im just deeply grateful the movie did not take more from that comic, even if i would have prefered the much more enigmatic Batman in grant morrisons stories.

NecroDancer
2016-12-05, 04:47 PM
Think you mean batman

Good catch,

Avilan the Grey
2016-12-05, 06:00 PM
Agree on both accounts! :smalltongue:

TDKR were a horrible travesty, that mainly seemed like Miller doing his best to see how character assasinations he could perform. And im just deeply grateful the movie did not take more from that comic, even if i would have prefered the much more enigmatic Batman in grant morrisons stories.

Thing is that I absolutely LOVE Batman: Year One. It is my favorite Bat origin story AND my favorite Bat story period.

Darth Ultron
2016-12-05, 06:53 PM
In fact, mixing the stories took away from all of them. Especially, by removing Bruce's agency (being manipulated by Lex) the "central" storyline, that everyone came to see, lost a LOT.

Just think of what could have been:

Batman: Dark Justice-You have a group of bad guys being bad and Batman stopping them....and killing them. To the viewer it's clear Batman goes out of his way to avoid killing the bad guys...but still deaths happen that are his fault. And you have Superman in the back ground, watching the news of the ''bloody bat monster man''. And maybe at first just sees it as a ''human problem'', but as the violence gets worse he decides he must act.

Superman: Bright Justice-is the opposite. Bad guys with Superman stopping them...and saving everyone. We the viewer see the good Superman is doing, but there is always unintended consequences...that are his fault. And you have Batman in the background

Wonder Woman: True Justice-is her origin story and the hunt for ''the Bow of Atlanta''. She meets both Bats and Sups, and you get a nice comparison of everyone's views.....but they are not even close to agreeing yet.

Dawn of Justice-The Batman vs Superman story, with all the added drama from three movies. It has a nice powerful villain they must work together to defeat....they bond and see how they can work together with different view points.

Superman: Doomsday--Er toss out the ''make the monster'' with Lex and just go with the basic space monster. Have wonder woman and batman in the back ground...but unable to get to the climax fight.....and Superman ''dies''. (Also I'm fine with Doomsday as a muscular human in paint and not a CGI mess of spam)

Birth of Justice-Batman and Wonder woman found the Justice League

Starbuck_II
2016-12-05, 07:55 PM
Birth of Justice-Batman and Wonder woman found the Justice League

And Batman wakes Superman up. How, we don't know, but he will.

GAZ
2016-12-05, 08:39 PM

This is kinda my biggest (though far from only) problem with this movie. It wasn't just one movie. It was trying to be Man of Steel 2, The Dark Knight Returns, The Death of Superman, Justice League: Origins, and Injustice: Gods Among Us all at the same time. There was only the flimsiest pretext linking these disparate elements (like Batman somehow gets prophetic dreams now???) and nothing really flowed right. This movie was fighting itself for screen time. No movie can be five movies at the same time and everything became a muddled mess even if the parts (most of the actors and the action) would have been good on their own.

They should have focused on Batman and the government/public holding Superman accountable for the destruction of Metropolis with Lex Luthor (played by not Jesse Eisenberg) playing the angles in the background and left all the Doomsday, Darkseid/Apokalips, Flash, and Wonder Woman stuff for a later movie.

The Glyphstone
2016-12-05, 08:41 PM
I am utterly convinced that instead of using an original CGI model for Doomsday, they just copy-pasted in the cave troll from Fellowship of the Ring and added spikes.

georgie_leech
2016-12-05, 09:00 PM
I am utterly convinced that instead of using an original CGI model for Doomsday, they just copy-pasted in the cave troll from Fellowship of the Ring and added spikes.

I think the cave troll managed a more expressive face :smalltongue:

Avilan the Grey
2016-12-06, 12:44 AM
I hinkle the cave troll managed a more expressive face :smalltongue:

Not to mention actual emotions.