PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Looking for a plot, please help?

deathbymanga
2016-12-04, 01:51 AM
So, my players are going to be away on hiatus for a month thanks to vacation, which has given me the chance to lay the hints for a new plot.

Plot Hooks laid out:
1. There's a gang of street necromancers who are comically punk-rock who use Necromancy as a way to "stick it to the man". Very silly concept.
2. The Necromancers have been grabbing their corpses from the local cemeteries all over the capital/
3. The Capital in question is an Elvish capital with no determined name yet (because I'm terrible with names) made out of an incredibly dense center of trees, building built into them, the branches interwoven to create roads with the tree tops themselves so densely interwoven it's too dark for light to shine in.
4. Grounds made holy by clerics quickly diminish, making them normal again. Nothing makes them unholy, they just loose holy power. The clerics can still use divine magic and commune with their gods, can even use their magic underground, but the ground itself seems to loose any magic applied to it.
5. There's been a string of three murders in question performed by someone of unknown nature. Warrant out for his arrest is 1500 gp
6. In one of the graveyards, a large collection of graves, all beyonging to members of the O'Teal family. they are very small and have little power, but run several mines used for the iron the elves need. They aren't rich becuase much of the iron the elves use just comes from trade with the north-eastern dwarves.

So, lots of interesting plot hooks, but I have zero idea about what is going on. One of the players suggested to the others it may be some kind of evil deity at work (he's a cleric), but nothing's been made solid.

Quickly, before my month of planning is up, what should i throw at them?

P.S. The enemy can't actually be some kind of undead force. we just went through 2 undead related plots and the cleric has gotten bull**** in his ability to deal with them (not minmaxing bull****, more, use Create Water to create a massive ball of Water 10ft in radius and drop it high enough above a bunch of vampires that they will be just above their heads when his next turn comes around. Then cast Bless Water on the Water in question. He melted them all in a single 2-turn combo. He then took out a Vampire Lord (Not killed, incapacitated and then kidnapped) in a single surprise round (mostly because of crazy crits but still). It's gotten to the point where the undead are now a joke for the players to just laugh about being a challenge

btw the party just leveled up to lvl 5, and is composed of a Cleric of Vecna, an Orc Barbarian, a Half-Orc Dragon Shaman (the Orc's son), a Half-Elf assassin, and a Vampire Primordial Giant Wizard.

deathbymanga
2016-12-04, 01:57 AM
sorry, meant this for the 3.5 thread but now I don't remember how to delete a post. If the Mods could move this, that'd be great.

TurboGhast
2016-12-04, 12:11 PM
The necromancer group could use necromantic attack spells instead of undead creation because they've heard of the cleric's exploits.

Also, you can report your own posts to ask the forum mods to move them.

deathbymanga
2016-12-04, 12:24 PM
The necromancer group could use necromantic attack spells instead of undead creation because they've heard of the cleric's exploits.

Also, you can report your own posts to ask the forum mods to move them.

doubt they heard of it, considering it wasn't a spectacle. they did it in the middle of a secret vampire lord's territory, only people who know about it were the Assassin NPCs who were working with them (it was a fun plot)