PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Are there items that help draw potions easier?

Frosty
2016-12-04, 04:25 PM
Are there any sort of items (maybe a bandolier?) that makes it easy for a character to draw a potion (perhaps as a swift action instead of a move action)? I'm looking for a way to make sure that I can benefit the Accelerated Drinker (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/combat-traits/accelerated-drinker) trait if I take it.

Jeff the Green
2016-12-04, 04:34 PM
I can't say anything about items, but there are several races that can draw items as a swift action using a prehensile tail. Tieflings come to mind.

VoxRationis
2016-12-04, 05:07 PM
Buy a beer hat from some dwarves. Put potions in it instead of beer.

Crake
2016-12-04, 05:49 PM
3.5 had the potion belt, which let you store, I believe, 6 potions, which could be drawn as a free action 1/round. Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting if you want to look for it, a masterwork version holds 10 potions.

I could have sworn there was a version in one of the generic 3.5 books, rather than campaign specific, but there it is, in either case.

killem2
2016-12-04, 07:57 PM
3.5 had the potion belt, which let you store, I believe, 6 potions, which could be drawn as a free action 1/round. Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting if you want to look for it, a masterwork version holds 10 potions.

I could have sworn there was a version in one of the generic 3.5 books, rather than campaign specific, but there it is, in either case.

It's actually a dragon magazine.
Ready-drink Helm

This bulky helmet contains six protected areas for placing potion vials and two metal tubes that lead down the side of the helm and into the wearer's mouth. Each tube extends far enough into the potion vials that the character can drink one or both of the potions as a free action. The helmet's vial holder can be rotated as a move-equivalent action (requiring the use of one hand), setting two fresh potions in the tube areas. Placing a new potion in a protected area is also a move-equivalent action.

Unfortunately, the protected vial holders are only somewhat protected. Since the potion vials have to be placed in the helmet open (though well-covered), there is always a chance one or more them spills during combat or other stressful activity. If at any time the wearer of a ready-drink helm falls prone, there's a 25% chance that each remaining potion spills, rendering it useless. The only way to check to see if a potion has spilled is to remove the potion vial and look, or try to drink it when it is in the ready position.

Price: 150 gp; Weight: 2 lbs. Source: Dragon #294 80-1.

darkdragoon
2016-12-04, 08:02 PM
Sipping Jacket, but you have to keep using it as you're only taking a sip.

Alchemist's Suit: immediate action, but with less effect.

legomaster00156
2016-12-04, 08:33 PM
Wrist sheathes, including spring-loaded, can hold any forearm-length or shorter item.