PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Looking to Replicate the Kodo Rider

RegalKain
2016-12-04, 05:51 PM
So, as the title might suggest I'm looking to replicate the Kodo Rider from WC3, I don't mind if it's not exact of course. My group is pretty low power, and I have a tendency to play T2+ things, looking for more flavor and amusement then power. Though both is always acceptable. The GM and I tend to co-GM a lot, so we already use a bit of home brewing, (Almost all of Jiriku's things, Drakken's things as well as a few others.) I'm mostly looking to see if anyone knows of a class that does what I want slightly easier.

Right now I'm looking to make a Bard and trade away all spellcasting for an animal companion, even that doesn't work so well because it's still feat intensive to utilize a mount well. Again I don't mind if spell casting is primarily gutted. (We use Spheres of Power almost exclusively anyway.) Any help is certainly appreciated, as I'd like to avoid making a class for what will probably be a one-off character. Current party level is 3

Edit: I realize I should explain what the Kodo Rider was, for those not familiar my apologies. It was an Orc unit that rode around on the back of a Kodo (Think Rhinoceros ) and played the drums, it's attacks were throwing it's drum sticks IIRC and it gave Auras around it (Like war drums) It was lightly armored, not super useful but mostly a buff/support style unit, which I'd be ok with.

nikkoli
2016-12-04, 08:49 PM
In pathfinder there is the mammoth lord PRC which is basically "I ride a big thing" and a kodo fits just about perfectly into that. There are also the 3.5World of Warcraft books, and somewhere it has stats for a real kodo (check WOW: monster guide), and a riding kodo too, and there is a mounted warrior PRC (iirc it's in the WOW: Alliance players guide) and the core book for that set has all of the kodos stuff as spells.

Lanth Sor
2016-12-05, 02:28 PM
There is a rider class in the warcraft books also if you have access to them. They also have a actual kodo rider in the books that talk about armies, i can provide you the appropriate information if you want I'm just reluctant to share on forum, copy write and all. Also there are some classes like skald that would really present the Orc tribal drummer.

RegalKain
2016-12-07, 05:07 PM
There is a rider class in the warcraft books also if you have access to them. They also have a actual kodo rider in the books that talk about armies, i can provide you the appropriate information if you want I'm just reluctant to share on forum, copy write and all. Also there are some classes like skald that would really present the Orc tribal drummer.

Yeah that'd be great. Feel free to pm me the book names and stuff I'll see if I can't find digital copies somewhere to buy