PDA

View Full Version : Wish as a necromancy spell? Is it possible? (3.X)

flappeercraft
2016-12-04, 07:34 PM
Is there a way by RAW to make a wish spell count as a necromancy spell without just asking your DM to do so? I need this to use Savage Species rituals to convert someone into a Vampire and apply the corpsecrafter line of feats and this is the only way I have gotten to creating a Vampire with spells without homeruling that Create Greater Undead can create Vampires but I would need wish to count as a Necronamncy spell for the Corpsecrafter line of feats to work. Any ideas? All 3.5 sources and 3.0 that has not been updated is allowed.

Venger
2016-12-05, 12:08 AM
Is there a way by RAW to make a wish spell count as a necromancy spell without just asking your DM to do so? I need this to use Savage Species rituals to convert someone into a Vampire and apply the corpsecrafter line of feats and this is the only way I have gotten to creating a Vampire with spells without homeruling that Create Greater Undead can create Vampires but I would need wish to count as a Necronamncy spell for the Corpsecrafter line of feats to work. Any ideas? All 3.5 sources and 3.0 that has not been updated is allowed.

You could always use the rules for spell research to research a necromantic version of wish.

Inevitability
2016-12-05, 01:34 AM
Create an Epic necromancy spell with its effects approaching Wish?

Or hell, just create an Epic necromancy spell that can create vampires.

Segev
2016-12-05, 09:50 AM
Is wish being used to simulate a necromancy spell? If so, just get the DM to rule that the necromancy spell it's simulating is necromancy and so this works.

If it's being used as "this ritual doesn't have any better idea for a powerful, expensive spell to demand," then just modify the ritual to include create undead or something as an extra spell. Now the corpse crafter line will apply. It shouldn't be hard to modify a ritual to require MORE spell slots for the same (pre-feat) effect.

Jay R
2016-12-05, 10:50 AM
"I wish that my Corpsecrafter feats will work on my next wish."