PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How does the "Call Out" feat actually work?

Molosse
2016-12-05, 07:18 AM
See, I like playing the Cavalier and all it's knightly attributes and the Call Out feat seems perfect for a good few archetypes, however I can't quite see how it works in actual play.

Relevant rules:
As a standard action, you can make an Intimidate check against a hostile target within 30 feet that can clearly see and hear you. The DC of this check is equal to 10 + your opponent’s Hit Dice + its Wisdom modifier. If the target is trained in Sense Motive, the DC is instead equal to 10 + your opponent’s Sense Motive bonus, if higher. If you succeed at this check, the target enters a duel with you. The target cannot withdraw from the duel for 1 round + 1 round for every 5 by which the check beat the DC.

The issue being what portion of the UC Duelling rules should and shouldn't be used.

Stealth Marmot
2016-12-05, 07:59 AM
"1v1 me bro!"

DedWards
2016-12-05, 08:57 AM
See, I like playing the Cavalier and all it's knightly attributes and the Call Out feat seems perfect for a good few archetypes, however I can't quite see how it works in actual play.

Relevant rules:
As a standard action, you can make an Intimidate check against a hostile target within 30 feet that can clearly see and hear you. The DC of this check is equal to 10 + your opponent’s Hit Dice + its Wisdom modifier. If the target is trained in Sense Motive, the DC is instead equal to 10 + your opponent’s Sense Motive bonus, if higher. If you succeed at this check, the target enters a duel with you. The target cannot withdraw from the duel for 1 round + 1 round for every 5 by which the check beat the DC.

The issue being what portion of the UC Duelling rules should and shouldn't be used.

I just skimmed through the Duelling rules (my group doesn't use them). From what I understand, you treat the target of the Call Out feat as willingly entering the duel with you, a 1v1 duel. He can only willingly end the dual, and thus lose the duel, when the feat's duration ends. So you use all the UC Duelling rules.