PDA

View Full Version : Research help

Cascalives
2016-12-05, 12:30 PM
I came across a prestige class once, and haven't been able to find it again. I was, I think, a 5 level prestige class, I'm pretty sure it had no spell progression, but every level has a different special ability regarding weather control on board ship. Like the ability to change the wind speed and direction around your ship, others ships, ability to stop wind everywhere around your ship, stuff like that. The last one was creating a Maelstrom. Anyone know it?

lylsyly
2016-12-05, 12:45 PM
Sea Witch from the "Stormwracked" supplement has the "Call Maelstrom" ability. However; it does advance casting, has 10 class levels, and some very specific entry requirements.

Falcon X
2016-12-05, 01:21 PM
Wavekeeper (http://alcyius.com/dndtools/classes/wavekeeper/index.html), also in Stormwrack, seems to fit the overall description better.... if you were manipulating the water instead of the wind. Almost all of it's powers involve changing water currents.
Well, that and letting you summon water elementals and turning into water elementals.
Basically, Wavekeepers are one with the sea.

Cascalives
2016-12-05, 05:14 PM
I should have clarified. I've checked the obvious books several times. Stormwrack was the first place I checked. It could have been one of the eberron books or forgotten realms. I had a couple of digital compilations of classes and things from dragon magazine, too, and it could have been in there, I just haven't found it.

Afgncaap5
2016-12-05, 05:32 PM
Do you mean the Windright Captain from The Explorer's Handbook? It only advances spells on the odd levels, and it allows you to communicate telepathically with an elemental that's infused into your ship.

Cascalives
2016-12-05, 09:09 PM
Do you mean the Windright Captain from The Explorer's Handbook? It only advances spells on the odd levels, and it allows you to communicate telepathically with an elemental that's infused into your ship.

Nope, it wasn't windwright captain.

Mehangel
2016-12-05, 09:20 PM
Do you mean Skylord from Book of Exalted Deeds? You may have confused 'ship' with 'flying mount'?

daremetoidareyo
2016-12-05, 11:40 PM
Nope, it wasn't windwright captain.

Perhaps you saw windright captain in play that had maxed out his mark of storms dragonmark? There is nothing closer to what you've described.

barakaka
2016-12-06, 09:27 PM
Son, I dunno about non-Windwright Captain prestige classes, but what you're looking for is a Stormship! This damn thing is a 76000gp ship that creates a storm in a 1 mile radius. It moves faster than most ships at a staggering 8 miles per hour, it can carry 200 tons of cargo and it's made of stronger stuff than your average galleon. The ship even enhances the power of your dragon mark to boot!

You need a Wheel of Wind and Water to pilot the damn thing, but it also means that the Call Lightning effect jumps to 3d10 from 3d6. Now that's power!

ShurikVch
2016-12-07, 11:55 AM
Windsinger - in Dragon #294; it's 10 levels long (full BAB), but otherwise fit your description to a T