PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Custom item set... thoughts?

Calthropstu
2016-12-05, 03:24 PM
So I am creating a special set of items for the barbarian in my campaign.

This set consists of a ring (the source ring, which everything must ultimately connect to), gauntlet 1, armor, gauntlet 2, sword, collar, helmet, leggings, boots (both count as 1 item).

Each item adds rage points to the barbarian's rage pool, and the barbarian can spend rage to gain benefits to the item. The more items the barbarian obtains, the stronger those abilities can be.
For example: for the armor, it only counts as masterwork. But each day, the barbarian can channel rage to give the armor bonuses. 1 rage point will increase the armor bonus by +1, 3 for +2, 6 for +3 etc up to the number of items he has thus far obtained (not counting the source ring to a maximum of +8).
The sword will have a similar measure. The bonus rage points is +30 from the ring, +5 from each guantlet, 10 from the armor, 5 from the sword, collar, pants and boots, 15 from the helmet (which will be the last piece he finds) for a total of + 85 rage.
Each item will have special properties that can be fueled by rage, and there will be no way he can activate them all.
Once the suit is completed, it generates a constant antimagic field that does not affect barbarian abilities, but will preclude any magic items other than the set. (One of the properties that will be able to be activated will be self regeneration and some self healing.)

Figured I'd get some thoughts on this. The final item won't be found until very late in the game. I haven't written up all the abilities, so some thoughts on that too would be appreciated.

JNAProductions
2016-12-06, 12:21 AM
Seems nice enough. I'm not a huge PF player, so I can't speak overmuch to the balance of it, but it seems well enough to me.