PDA

View Full Version : The new mummy movie makes me want to see this.

Traab
2016-12-05, 06:41 PM
Im not sure if anyone has read Monster Hunter International (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2570856-monster-hunter-international) The link provides a decent synopsis. But thats the first book in a series where the basic gist is, monsters are real, if not always the way comics and movies and such talk about them, and their existence is kept a secret by the various world governments. There are companies that hunt them down to get paid the bounty on them and, if you survive, business is good. I just really think this would make for an interesting "new" take on the monster movie genre. Instead of being horror films with the single vampire/werewolf/mummy chasing our heroes, its a team of bounty hunters going after them and each time is a fight for your life. They go in fully armed with high caliber rifles, and other weapons all loaded with the monsters weaknesses and they still have a high mortality rate. But its a damn fine living if you can make it.

The Glyphstone
2016-12-05, 09:55 PM
MHI would make a great movie, I agree. Not sure if it'd have the longevity for an entire series.

Traab
2016-12-05, 11:33 PM
MHI would make a great movie, I agree. Not sure if it'd have the longevity for an entire series.

The plus side is it doesnt have to be. Each story is a pretty solid stopping point. This isnt a lotr trilogy or anything, if you stop at the end of book 1, thats fine, there arent much in the ways of cliffhangers that you need the sequel to answer. Or at least, there isnt a main plot path you need to read books 2-4 to find the end of. On the other hand, if you want to watch MORE of their adventures, well we have more stories for you to enjoy! Including a few spinoffs in case you were curious how the boss man handles business when he is out in the field or something. And with the second book, I just really really want to see a movie version of, the scene early on when owen insults the gnomes who are straight outta compton and he has to fight a dozen of them at once. That whole scene is just hilarious to picture.