PDA

View Full Version : I'm doing a school project on this forum, it requires an interview

frays
2016-12-06, 12:35 AM
It'd be great if you guys could answer some questions

Why do you come to this site?
When/how did you first find out about it?
What do you like about Giant in the Playground?
Anything else you'd like to say about you experience here?

Thanks!

dascarletm
2016-12-06, 12:43 AM
1. It's the only forum I have an account on. I just thought I really only have time in my life for one of these sorts of things.
2. While playing DnD about 8 or so years ago, I came across a rules question in my group. I tried looking up the answer and this forum is what popped up on my search.
3. I like having a creative outlet, a place to argue pointless things, and something to do when I'm bored.
4. Uhhhhh..... hrm. The color scheme is visually pleasant?

khadgar567
2016-12-06, 01:20 AM

Thanks!
1.its the only solid d&d / pathfinder forum.
2. talyas vow of nudity mark 2 loyal paladins treat
3.friendly atmosphere, lot of treat to post and learn.
4 my only wish is haruki kun to read treat before banning any one.

Aedilred
2016-12-07, 01:38 AM
1. These days, principally because of the games I play here and the community around them. There was a time when I mostly came here for the friendly banter forum.
2. A friend of mine introduced me to the comic while we were playing in the same D&D campaign. From there I discovered the forum, starting with the RPG section and branching out from there.
3. I like it principally for the content.
4. No.

golentan
2016-12-07, 02:10 AM

Thanks!

1) I like the mix of geekeries and the presence of a huge number of my friends on the LGBT thread. The fact I'd probably have never met my fiance if not for here is kind of a big deal to me.
2) One of my players in a game I was running introduced me to order of the stick around 2006.
3) I like the relative lack of really hateful trolls, the existence of a number of people with similar interests to mine, the various subcommunities I frequent, and did I mention I met my fiance through here? Earns the place so many brownie points.
4) Actually, I do want to warn people that there is a dark side to this forum... Don't let the mods know I told you about this, butThere Is No Mind Control Citizens, go back to your fun.

Peelee
2016-12-07, 02:19 AM
1. Small enough community that i easily recognize others (and they me), big enough community that I still enjoy pretty good anonymity.

2. Back when I used stumbleupon, i hit 136 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0136.html). Never saw the Monty Python skit, was mildly amused, checked the next few comics, saw it was a single story, and binged. This was when 804 was the most recent one out. Hit the forums to see what people were saying.

3. See 1. Good comic, good people.