PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder (Homebrew) A small change to the medium, is it fair or is it OP?

D4rkh0rus
2016-12-06, 01:16 AM
Hi guys,
One of my players is going to play a Medium, he says that the class sounds really fun, but he asked me if he could get the ability to swap spirits during the day by expending influence.
I told him that it would be too powerful if he could swap his spirit multiple times during the day and then I directed him to the spirit dancer, which he didn't really like. He said he wanted to have a main spirit, and the ability to access a second spirit, he asked if he could trade something away for the ability to do that.

So then I got thinking, the main influence ability is spirit surge, so would it be fair trade his spirit surge ability for the ability to have a second spirit (as a free action, by gaining a point of influence) for X rounds? (While still maintaining a main spirit).
Having Taboo and lesser spirits grant 1 extra use of this ability per.

I was thinking of having the X rounds be just 1 round, so he can access the full width of the class, but only few rounds each day.
What do you guys think?