PDA

View Full Version : My first thread: how do I change my avatar?

Elder Inheritor
2016-12-06, 04:14 AM
I thought the daemon would look a lot cooler than it did. I was not disappointed, but I now find myself wanting to switch over to the red wizard avatar. Any hints for my beleaguered brain?

factotum
2016-12-06, 06:56 AM
Probably would have been better posting this in Board/Site Issues. Anyway, click the Settings link at the top right when logged in to the forum, then select General Settings from the list on that page--your avatar selection is way down near the bottom.

Elder Inheritor
2016-12-06, 08:02 AM
Probably would have been better posting this in Board/Site Issues. Anyway, click the Settings link at the top right when logged in to the forum, then select General Settings from the list on that page--your avatar selection is way down near the bottom.

Thank you, you stupendously splendiferous sir.

Inevitability
2016-12-08, 01:19 PM
Friendly suggestion, resize your image before setting it as a custom avatar. Right now, your profile picture isn't the heterochromic stare you were probably trying to set, but a few vague blackish lines only recognizable as hair when the picture is viewed in its entirety.

RPGNovice
2016-12-08, 03:37 PM
Friendly suggestion, resize your image before setting it as a custom avatar. Right now, your profile picture isn't the heterochromic stare you were probably trying to set, but a few vague blackish lines only recognizable as hair when the picture is viewed in its entirety.

Out of curiosity, what is the size profile pictures should be?

AdmiralCatticus
2016-12-09, 01:12 PM
Thanks for posting this thread & revealing to me the truth of changing profile pictures, that's been bothering me a bunch.

Though actually, now that I know how to set custom profiles I have no idea how to fit them to the little avatar window. Unfortunate.

Cephor
2017-03-07, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the instructions, even if this is a slight necro of a thread. Would be helpful to be added to the Forum Rules for newbies. :)