PDA

View Full Version : What Can Beat This 2

Pichu
2016-12-06, 09:49 AM
So awhile ago, JNAProductions posted a thread about a homebrew creature they made an challenged us to beat it. Well, I was searching around the internet and found this http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=72714&d=1451591794 monstrosity. Can a 4 person party beat this in a fight, starting 1 km away from each other?

Sorry, if this is a bad post, I do stupid things sometimes.

EDIT: I did not make this, some other genius did. I am just posting about it.

NecroDancer
2016-12-06, 10:26 AM
A party of 4 level 20 ranged monks with the mobile and sharpshooter feat could take it out if they stayed out of it's reach and had acid immunity.

EvilAnagram
2016-12-06, 10:51 AM
Four level 20 Wood Elf Assassin Rogues with Oathbows, Rings of Greater Invisibility, and armor of Acid Resistance.

That said, this is a very boring creature that only presents a major challenge because someone made the numbers very large. The 32 AC is particularly nonsensical since oozes have low AC and high HP. Has the ooze formed a rind? Its stats don't even make sense, and every one of them is completely unrelated to its modifier. This is a really poorly made creature.

RulesJD
2016-12-06, 10:58 AM
So awhile ago, JNAProductions posted a thread about a homebrew creature they made an challenged us to beat it. Well, I was searching around the internet and found this http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=72714&d=1451591794 monstrosity. Can a 4 person party beat this in a fight, starting 1 km away from each other?

Sorry, if this is a bad post, I do stupid things sometimes.

EDIT: I did not make this, some other genius did. I am just posting about it.

This creature is stupidly easy to kill because it was made by a 12 year old that just NUHUH MY GUY HAS IMMUNITY TO EVERYTHING AND HIGH AC AND AAAHHHHH *spazzes out and needs their timeout*

4 Eldritch Knights with Sharpshooter and longbows.

Each casts Fly on themselves.

Then they fly up well out of the range of the creature and pelt it with arrows. Recharge Fly as needed.

God I hate the idiots that come up with these monsters. Like, how did you settle on 32 AC? Why not 31, or 40 for that matter?

Also, this is a creature that is NOT 5e compliant. How do I know? Because it has 8 Dex but a +5 modifier to it. It also lists is weapons at +6 magical which literally doesn't matter in this edition.

EvilAnagram
2016-12-06, 11:02 AM
The lame creature is lame

Don't forget that it has a Move Action, which is not a thing in 5e.