PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Dragon Shaman and Warblade Dip?

kalos72
2016-12-06, 11:08 AM
I have a dragon shaman that my group is putting together as a buff type support role for a military unit and the question came up about what other classes might make a good dip to help in the military support role.

We have a marshall/legendary leader and a DFI bard / sublime chord and are looking to add the dragon shaman auras to help.

Thoughts on a dip to add or possibly another class all together to support the military unit?

FYI the military unit is a dwarven crusader "Phalanx/Spartan" type unit.

kalos72
2016-12-07, 03:43 PM
So if Dragon Shaman and their aura's doesnt work, what do people use for support classes in thier army?

I was going to add the Combat Medic perhaps or a healer but I would rather add more offense then defense myself.

Warblade came to mind because of the additional aura's, along with my marshall leader and the DFI bards for added damage, all being directed to the ground troops.

The troops are crusaders already...

Any other class have an aura type effect that would help?

Grod_The_Giant
2016-12-07, 05:26 PM
There's the War Weaver from Heroes of Battle, who can buff... well, an entire squad with one spell.

Something like a Harmonious Knight Paladin/War Chanter might make a nice counterpoint to a "real" Bard.

The Viscount
2016-12-07, 08:02 PM
Dragon Lord also gives auras functioning like with Dragon Shaman, with some overlap with its auras.

daremetoidareyo
2016-12-07, 09:13 PM
Heartfire fanner from dragon 314 is amazing. You can grant feats! Either your feats or fighter bonus feats!

Some good feats: conductivity (UA), bladeproof skin (UA), hidden talent (expansion), martial study
At third level you can grant 2 feats! (dragontouched + dragon tail for extra attack) (aberration blood +inhuman reach), ( martial study and stance)

kalos72
2016-12-07, 09:19 PM
The auras and stances al seem the same, I guess I could create new ones?

We could expand this search to include buffers in general, caster classes that can buff groups of folks with combat bonuses.

kalos72
2016-12-07, 09:48 PM
Heartfire fanner from dragon 314 is amazing. You can grant feats! Either your feats or fighter bonus feats!

Some good feats: conductivity (UA), bladeproof skin (UA), hidden talent (expansion), martial study
At third level you can grant 2 feats! (dragontouched + dragon tail for extra attack) (aberration blood +inhuman reach), ( martial study and stance)

How can a Dragon Shaman get Heartfire fanner?

kalos72
2016-12-09, 01:10 AM
Any other group/aura style buffers you can think of people?

Or do I just go offensive/ranged now?

Also, anyone know of a good example of dwarven tunnel fighting techniques? How would a group of dwarves fight in the tight halls and tunnels of the underdark?

I suppose entries on ANY of the Underdark races fighting styles would be cool.

Waazraath
2016-12-09, 02:59 PM
Dread commando, for a +5 to initiative for everybody. The saint template, for a protective aura. Protection devotion, for extra AC....

For the rest, with bard, draconic aura's, and tome of battle (mostly white raven) you mentioned most of the 'buff all' that aren't casters. I might have forgotten a few though: http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=11381.msg192314#msg192314

kalos72
2016-12-09, 04:24 PM
Nice link there, thank you!