PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Paladin/Rogue/Bard Build Post

Sansd20
2016-12-06, 02:02 PM
Over at Reddit, a poster had mentioned a Paladin/Rogue (Assassin)/Bard (Lord) that he saw on here that did some crazy opening damage. I have done my best to search for it, but seem to come up empty handed. Has anyone else seen and have the link to this post? The RP potential intrigues me, and I would love to have more information on it.

Foxhound438
2016-12-06, 02:32 PM
pretty sure it boils down to something like pally 5 assassin 3+ bard 10 (grabbing pass without trace at 6 and banishing smite at 10)

opening damage if you surprise the enemy (easy with pw/ot, get in close and switch concentration to banishing smite) is an auto crit on 6d8+5d10+2d6 (more with added rogue levels)+5+6d8+5, averaging 187 in two hits. The UA sharpshooter fighter can do more at that level though.

Sansd20
2016-12-06, 03:35 PM
pretty sure it boils down to something like pally 5 assassin 3+ bard 10 (grabbing pass without trace at 6 and banishing smite at 10)

opening damage if you surprise the enemy (easy with pw/ot, get in close and switch concentration to banishing smite) is an auto crit on 6d8+5d10+2d6 (more with added rogue levels)+5+6d8+5, averaging 187 in two hits. The UA sharpshooter fighter can do more at that level though.

Thanks! I'll have to look at that, but the post mention pally 2/assassin 3/ with the rest in Lore. I was like the only 2 in pally as I wouldn't have to deal with the pesky oaths. This is for adventure league so UA is out of the question.

Foxhound438
2016-12-06, 03:48 PM
Thanks! I'll have to look at that, but the post mention pally 2/assassin 3/ with the rest in Lore. I was like the only 2 in pally as I wouldn't have to deal with the pesky oaths. This is for adventure league so UA is out of the question.

you do get a bit more burst with extra attack, but whatever you want to do is up to you.

I'm not sure what you mean by "pesky oaths", but if you mean adhering to the tenants of an oath, you have to know that in the paladin's description somewhere it says that a paladin chooses their oath when they become a paladin, but don't get anything specific to that oath until 3rd- you still have to follow the tenants even if you only go pally 2, or you fall and lose smite.

Sansd20
2016-12-06, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "pesky oaths", but if you mean adhering to the tenants of an oath, you have to know that in the paladin's description somewhere it says that a paladin chooses their oath when they become a paladin, but don't get anything specific to that oath until 3rd- you still have to follow the tenants even if you only go pally 2, or you fall and lose smite.

Yes, this is what I was referring to. I'll have to reread that part, I think might have missed that.