PDA

View Full Version : can psionic Duergar use the Dwarven Waraxe innately?

Neowulf
2016-12-06, 11:58 PM
so I've been working on my next build & the Duergar came to my eye

great darkvision, sweet psi-like abilities, great number of power points, able to actually do **** in armor with a ton of weight, and a bunch of other great abilities with the low cost of a crappy CHA score

the cherry that would complete this master-race-sundae would be if I can gain auto-proficiency with Dwarven Waraxe, an already awesome weapon with amazing crit rolls

unlike the other Duergar, the psionic one doesn't say if it's got the proficiency or not. would this mean that it has the racial proficiency or not? it's not a complete deal breaker if it doesn't, but if it does then I can't start out with the epic axe man I wanted

Technetium43
2016-12-07, 12:11 AM
They do not.

"Unlike other dwarves, duergar do not have weapon familiarity with the dwarven waraxe and dwarven urgrosh."

Neowulf
2016-12-07, 12:16 AM
They do not.

"Unlike other dwarves, duergar do not have weapon familiarity with the dwarven waraxe and dwarven urgrosh."

is that for the original or the psionic one? I couldn't find that on the psionic one

Technetium43
2016-12-07, 12:19 AM
Why would it say it on the Psionic one? It's only on the Duegar entry because it's being contrasted with the other Dwarf entries on the same page. As Psionic Duegar are their own critter, there's nothing to imply that they would get it, so they didn't feel the need to spell it out. It doesn't say they get it, so they don't.