PDA

View Full Version : Miko and Hinjo

sparkey477
2007-07-15, 05:12 PM
Has anyone ever wondered what would happen if Miko never died, and instead had a romantic relation ship with Hinjo? Personally I think she would end up with a son named Kyle who would be the victim of a crule, (yet true) song be Elan Jr.

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-07-15, 05:16 PM
Well, personally, I've always felt that if Miko wasn't so messed up, she and Hinjo would have made a really cute couple.

I don't know what kind of kids they would have, but I'm sure they would be a little like each of them.

It's just a shame Miko couldn't have been helped. She would have made a great heroine.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-15, 05:25 PM
:thog: not approves

Spiryt
2007-07-15, 05:49 PM
No offense...

But the same way we can wonder what would happen if Xykon never became lich, instead established biggest discount shop for anglers with Lirian.

(Hey kinda cool idea) :smallwink:

SouLReApeR
2007-07-15, 06:08 PM
Well, personally, I've always felt that if Miko wasn't so messed up, she and Hinjo would have made a really cute couple.

I don't know what kind of kids they would have, but I'm sure they would be a little like each of them.

It's just a shame Miko couldn't have been helped. She would have made a great heroine.

She would also be awesome if ressurected as an evil creature by that human helping Xycon.

Driderman
2007-07-15, 06:50 PM
She is also pretty awesome dead...

Siwenna
2007-07-15, 08:16 PM
I agree. The best Miko is a dead Miko. But just because I don't like Hinjo, I think it would be funny to see him and crazy-Miko together. Even more funny than crazy-Miko and Roy.

Bocc Kob
2007-07-15, 08:21 PM
I figured Miko was a lesbian. After all, she didn't show an interest in Roy until after she discovered he can swap genders.

NeonRonin
2007-07-15, 10:36 PM
Given her extremist stance on the whole paladinish-stick-up-the-ass thing, I'm going out on a limb here and saying Miko was asexual.

...Which might mean now that she's been bisected, two new Miko Jrs. will form, one from each half, if you want to be silly about the whole cellular division aspect of being asexual... :smallconfused:

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-07-16, 12:12 AM
No offense...

No offense taken. Everyone likes to imagine what would happen if things had gone down differently.

But the same way we can wonder what would happen if Xykon never became lich, instead established biggest discount shop for anglers with Lirian.

That does sound like a cool idea. But then again, instead of Xykon and Team Evil, all the OOTS would have for adversaries would be the Linear Guild. And OOTS would only be half as much fun.

Icewalker
2007-07-16, 12:24 AM
Yeah, but Hinjo hates Miko, and she finds him not zealous enough, so a relationship really wouldn't work out.

Be an interesting situation if it did though.

Breaon
2007-07-16, 12:50 AM
She would also be awesome if ressurected as an evil creature by that human helping Xycon.

Which would require her accepting a rez by :xykon:

Cifer
2007-07-16, 12:58 AM
Which would require her accepting a rez by :xykon:

You usually don't get to reject undeadify-spells.

Yeril
2007-07-16, 01:05 AM
Yeah, but Hinjo hates Miko, and she finds him not zealous enough, so a relationship really wouldn't work out.

Be an interesting situation if it did though.

Which makes a even saucier paladin sex romp!

Miko wanted to show Hinjo how to bumps uglies smite evil

But sexual references aside I still prefer Miko/Hinjo over Lien/Hinjo..

Although a Miko/Hinjo/Lien Relationship Might pique my intrest.

You know what, screw Hinjo everyone knows that Miko/Lien is the way to go!

All hail fanservice!

Sorry, Im delerious over staying up all night and Caffine just gives me a huge headache

Ithekro
2007-07-16, 01:10 AM
Just add Belkar and we have a new topic for a totally different existing thread...halfling bedtime cooking with Paladins, on the next Belkar.

Demented
2007-07-16, 01:12 AM
Hinjo: "Miko, I want a divorce."

Miko: "What!? Why?"

Hinjo: "You're too focused on killing goblins; we hardly have time for eachother any more. I can't take this crusade any longer."

Miko: "You refuse to kill goblins? You sympathise with them, vile blasphemer! By the Twelve Gods, I want a divorce!"

Hinjo: "...That was easy."

Miko: "I look forward to seeing your pride joy spilled on the cold, vengeance-thirsty ground, traitor."

Hinjo: "See, this is the other reason I want a divorce."

hanzo66
2007-07-16, 01:25 AM
For their part, Hinjo and Miko seemed to see each other as mostly Comrades. They may not be the best of friends but they do respect each other. Hinjo didn't really like Miko's personality that much and Miko probably doesn't think too much of Hinjo except as (I'm presuming) a second-in-command, though both seem to have a certain amount of respect for each other as well as a degree of comradery somewhere. Romance I doubt is really much of a question there. I'm sure Hinjo, like Roy might have developed a bit of a puppy crush on Miko the first time he saw her... But then actually got to know her...

Duke Malagigi
2007-07-16, 02:08 AM
Given her extremist stance on the whole paladinish-stick-up-the-ass thing, I'm going out on a limb here and saying Miko was asexual.

That would surely make her different from Roland, Manchausen, Rinaldo and Don Quixote de la Mancha. In fact the sexual and romantic behavior and thought patterns of paladins would be closer to that of either Elan, Roy, Hinjo or Julio Scoundrell than towards Miko.

David Argall
2007-07-16, 02:42 AM

Her sexual ideas were likely rather schoolgirlish, but were fairly clearly there and normal. Consider...
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0250.html

Anyone really want to claim Roy could not have slipped it to her? Quite possibly not that night, and maybe not for a year or more ["marriage and then honeymoon. That is the lawful order!"], but if Roy had wanted her, she was available.

Now Miko-Hinjo was clearly not on the table. The two had had a long relationship, and it was not sexual. Quite possibly because marriage was not a possibility. Hinjo needed and needs a wife who can supply an army, not some orphan lass.

If we are true to our fantasy conventions, which we are, often in some perverted way or other, the more likely pairing was Miko-Belkar. The convention is that the lovers start off quite badly, which is a clear description of Miko-Belkar.

sparkey477
2007-07-16, 03:14 PM
Chances of having a child with Miko would probably be slim at best. Where your average girlfriend might say; "don't worry, it happens to a lot of level ?11 paladins." With Miko you would get; :miko: Clearly the twelve gods don't want you to reproduce! Smite Trouser Titan! :eek:

Morty
2007-07-16, 03:32 PM
It's a thought that had crossed my mind, but it didn't stay there very long. The only reasons for such relationship would be:
-they're both paladins
-they're two characters without any romantic relationship while not being homicidal maniacs incapable of such relationship
But those two are hardly enough. And besides, this webcomic has already enough romance in it.

NeonRonin
2007-07-16, 06:53 PM
Chances of having a child with Miko would probably be slim at best. Where your average girlfriend might say; "don't worry, it happens to a lot of level ?11 paladins." With Miko you would get; :miko: Clearly the twelve gods don't want you to reproduce! Smite Trouser Titan! :eek:

Ummm..... ouch. No wonder Miko never had a chance at a long-term relationship. If that story got circulated amongst the Sapphire Guard...

sparkey477
2007-07-16, 07:14 PM
Hooray, my first quote!:smallredface: I'd like to thank all the little people... (ogre glares menacingly) And th-the big p-people too!

RAGE KING!
2007-07-16, 07:29 PM
No offense taken. Everyone likes to imagine what would happen if things had gone down differently.

No offense...

That does sound like a cool idea. But then again, instead of Xykon and Team Evil, all the OOTS would have for adversaries would be the Linear Guild. And OOTS would only be half as much fun.
OOTS would be just as much fun. Rich is really good at it, and he'd make it as fun as it is now...also, he would have a part involving xykons fun in the store...which would be hilarous!

dogmac
2007-07-16, 07:47 PM
No, because Hinjo is MINE.
He is going to leap off of the screen and he and I will have a wonderful life together, and I reckon he'd be great at giving back massages.

Mine, I say, mine, mine, MINE!

Di

Guildorn Tanaleth
2007-07-16, 08:57 PM
You know what, screw Hinjo everyone knows that Miko/Lien is the way to go!

Correction: Miko/Lien/Tsukiko. Oh, and Haley. And Samantha and Sabine and Celia and ninja waitress and... *drifts off into stick figure fantasies*

Raziel3024
2007-07-17, 07:37 AM
Personally, I'm more in favour of a Hinjo/Lien pairing.

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-07-17, 07:43 AM
It's a thought that had crossed my mind, but it didn't stay there very long. The only reasons for such relationship would be:
-they're both paladins
-they're two characters without any romantic relationship while not being homicidal maniacs incapable of such relationship
But those two are hardly enough. And besides, this webcomic has already enough romance in it.

Yeah, that's true. I'm getting really tired with all of the romance talk. I'm more interested in the adventure. Not everyone needs an on-screen hook-up.

Kioran
2007-07-17, 08:39 AM
Hinjo dislikes Miko - a dislike due in part to her abrasive nature(mainly) and also some felt inferiority. Honestly, Miko is, by far, the most powerful individual in the entire of Azure City and(pre-fall) outstripped the rest of the guard vastly. That is bound to be irritant if she is much to gruff to socialize under these conditions, and adds insult to injury(in a figurative sense) if you already hate her)

I think Mikoīs key gripe with Hinjo is that he is, while popular, unbelievable weak and stupid(by Miko Standardy, not normal-people standards). Honestly, slightly above-average Hinjo is still much inferior to her, and at some point, you canīt even fathom how people arenīt able to do something that is quite easy for you and somesuch. Even If you try to be gracious about it, it is somewhat irrititating. Throw in low social skill, and you have it....

Roy was the only real alternative because he actually packed enough punch(mentally and physically, and from a psychological point as well)and was able to handle the Heat for a while....

And for all those who disagree with Miko being superior to almost anything in this comic stat-wise - she totally beat the OoTs twice, has at least 17 Dex(TWF) and enough Wisdom to deliver good stunning kicks despite a lower Monk-lvl. Good Charisma and Strength are implied as well(through damage output and good saves). Her intelligence, at least as implied by her versimilitude in Skills and tactics, is also above average.
Apart from Constitution, we can assume all her attributes to be quite kickass, moreso than most other characters.
Besides, it would fit the concept of the Anti-Character. Richīs first redesign of her, as described in "no cure", is that Miko is, apart from her psychological makeup, the perfect hero: Very powerful, Lawful good Paladin, absolutely kick-ass. But still a villain because of her zealotry and because the author wanted to make a point about RP-theory(namely, that a Paladin holding the party ransom with his code is bull****).

puddingpie
2007-07-17, 09:53 AM
That would surely make her different from Roland, Manchausen, Rinaldo and Don Quixote de la Mancha. In fact the sexual and romantic behavior and thought patterns of paladins would be closer to that of either Elan, Roy, Hinjo or Julio Scoundrell than towards Miko.

Sure, but Miko is from a generically eastern tradition, not European. She talks about how her role in society is "samurai", even though her class build is monk/paladin, so her culture and morals will be different from medieval Crusader paladins like Roland and Rinaldo, even if she has paladin levels. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0209.html) And as far as I know, knightly conduct in Europe differs among knights. Roland and Rinaldo are more based on the chivalric tradition with the idea of courtly love, while monastic orders like the Knights Templar took vows of chastity. Secular knights would learn singing, dancing, playing the harp, gaming, and court etiquette as part of their education, while monastic knights don't do that sort of thing.

I'm not sure that Don Quixote really can be used as an example, because he's just a deluded old man who thinks he's a knight, and the book is satire. I wouldn't classify Munchausen as a paladin... he's an 18th century nobleman adventurer who tells stories, but that sound more like bard to me.

Deatheater
2007-07-17, 10:39 PM

I was looking forward to an evil-un-dead Miko--only to have my un-hopes dashed because of her xtreme damage. Oh, well...

I was shocked at how moving Miko's death was--considering I had come to despise her. It's that Shakespearian tradgedy thing again--she fell from greatness through her personal flaws.

But Miko and Hinjo as an item? I think it's more likely they'd be mates if she wasn't loopy. Frankly we have no idea what or who Miko would be without her loopyness--her fanaticism defined her so absolutely she never really had a "personallity".

Miko--RIP and better luck next incarnation.

Impikmin
2007-07-26, 02:31 PM
I figured Miko was a lesbian. After all, she didn't show an interest in Roy until after she discovered he can swap genders.

LOL! You have a point!!!

Alfryd
2007-07-26, 03:20 PM
No offense...
I must reluctantly concede that argument.

Of course, I was a bit puzzled by Hinjo's degree of forbearance toward Miko, but, as subsequent events indicate, he may just be a tiny bit of a chump. In the 'quote-unquote' good way. *sigh* I suppose I can't complain, though.

Yeril
2007-07-26, 04:28 PM
When I think of Hinjo and Miko, the first mental image is of their wedding, two swords drawn back to back wearing generic wedding clotheyness Announcing their vows as they fight off a band of Ronin/goblin/ninja assasins Pirates of the carribian style! :smallbiggrin:

And it fills me with shame inside :smallfrown:

BelkarPwnsAll!
2007-07-26, 09:52 PM
Has anyone ever wondered what would happen if Miko never died, and instead had a romantic relation ship with Hinjo? Personally I think she would end up with a son named Kyle who would be the victim of a crule, (yet true) song be Elan Jr.:smallconfused: What in the $#&^ing?! KYLE?!I think it would be a messed up kid named Hikon who was always picked on for being so small ='( Anywho, If Miko wasn't so messed up, then Hinjo would be, well, kinda freaky to live with...(And of course, Hinjo COULD still be frozen, take note...) Does anyone else think that? Or am I all alone like I always am? T_T:smallfrown: