PDA

View Full Version : Build Advice for a Gestalt character - Fighter/Drunken Master/StP Erudite..

JW86
2016-12-07, 05:36 PM
Hi Playgrounders,

I have some rough ideas for a character I'd like to create, and would appreciate some advice on how to make it, or ideas to achieve a similar effect through other means.

I'm starting at Level 2 in a gestalt campaign a friend of mine is running.

I am Race-locked to playing a standard Dwarf, who in this campaign setting are Psionic and gain a bonus +2PP at first level. The stats I have rolled are 18, 18, 14, 12, 12, 12.
We are limited to only taking a total of ONE Prestige class between both sides of the gestalt, and are discouraged from taking dips although there would be some leniancy.

The kind of classes I'm considering include either a CStP Erudite, Psion, Wizard or Sorcerer on one side, and some kind of Dungeoncrasher Fighter/Drunken Master type build on the other.

My character concept is that on one hand he is an intelligent, studious Dwarven caster/manifester with a particular affinity for any Force spells/powers - I would like to take Wings of Cover/Flurry, Orb of Force, Forcewave, Manyjaws, Arcane Bolt, Battering Ram, Telekinesis or its psionic equivalents, Forcecage, Wall of Force, several of the Bigby's Hand spells etc. He would also be a bit of a Jedi and take Charm/Suggestion/Dominate etc. for a few Jedi mind tricks.

Unfortunately, this character does at time struggle with the otherworldly knowledge of the arcane/psionic and has a poor coping strategy - alcohol. Once he has had a drink (which he often will) he is more prone to wrecking face in person, improvised weapon fighting with nearby objects (chairs, candelabras, crockery, ladders, etc) with powerful charges/bullrushes through Dungeoncrasher levels - at times, forsaking his magical/psionic abilities entirely, whilst at others both casting/manifesting and beating opponents up in the same encounter.

I like the idea of him having access to free-action alcohol by wearing a beer helmet with straws, and using the Poison Healer feat to regain some HP every time he drinks alcohol (as according to Arms & Equipment guide, alcohol is a poison). I like several of the class features from Drunken Master, including the ability to charge in crooked lines and use improvised weaponry, and I'd really like Dungeoncrasher Fighter for the pleasure of bullrushing people for damage. Especially good would be to include Knockdown (which requires large size, perhaps Enlarge Person, or at least Jotunbrud) so I can power attack my opponents with my bar stool/nearby dog I've just picked up/bare fists and send them flying.

I would appreciate suggestions on roughly how I could construct such a character, or ideas on alternate ways to achieve my character concept.

Thanks in advance for any ideas :)