PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions to Undead Leadership/Mount

angelblood_6x
2016-12-08, 10:06 AM
Hello dear forumers, I'm a lvl 8 Dread Necro who is looking for help (sorry for my english in advance).
Since in our adventure I would take very little advantage for Undead Mastery (we don't like to manage groups of minions), we ruled to change that talent with Undead Leadership, to switch the numerous-minions with one-stronger. (Don't ask why I've took DN then. I like the class flavour and the ability to become lich-like lvl 20).
Here is my idea: I want to take a cohort that could be a mount. I would like to take my PC on the mount and rush into fight, then casting touch things, then running etc. In this flavour I thinked to a Zombie Dragon, but here is the point: Zombie dragons from draconomicon are not so good as cohorts, since they can't acquire feats. Plus, Zombie dragons can be acquired casting animate dead on dragon corpses, without any feat.
Since my DM is open to little house-ruling, my question is: how can I make a good undead mount, possibly a dragon? Things like giving zombie-dragon the Awaken Undead status - actually spending the feat to have it free of charge on my zombie dragon, so it can acquire feats and sort of?
Any other ideas?
I know Undead leadership has rules for Lich, Vampiric and Ghost templates, wich all are possible dragons (Dracolich, Vampire Dragon, Wight Dragon), but how can I apply them in a way my cohort is not TOO MUCH STRONG, but useful btw?
PS: I suspect my DM is giving this feat to me because my character is actually the most useless in the team, so feel free to think a bit OP.

EDIT: Any flying undead mountable thing would be ok

TheCorsairMalac
2016-12-08, 12:51 PM
I believe the reason it loses all of its feats is because it has intelligence 0. The Create Greater Undead spell would allow you to make intelligent undead. You could raise your dragon zombie with an intelligence score, allowing it to gain feats? (Intelligent doesn't necessarily mean free-willed. It can be blindly obedient, while still cunning.)