PDA

View Full Version : A Victory for Vengeance

Bad Wolf
2016-12-08, 08:33 PM
Jorith stood on the hill, savoring the moment. Gone were the days of tears, the days of hopelessness. Now, he would get his vengeance.

He looked behind him. The army of wights, zombies, and other undead horrors stood hundreds deep. And all of them, from the weakest skeleton to the mightiest Death Knight, were ready to fall upon the city at his command.

Jorith was surprised at first. He never expected Zhobal, his Lich mentor and master, to give him temporary control over his vast armies. Zhobal had proved to be a paranoid and power-hungry wizard, and he almost expected to be laughed at.

But surprisingly, Zhobal agreed. All he wanted in return was one thing- the King's crown, stylized in the shape of a coiled snake (Hence the nickname of King Cobra). Obviously, he was going to hand it over. Just needed to identify its use first.

The knight caught a glimpse of himself in his sword. Ever since he had completed that arcane ritual, and became one of the living dead, things felt a bit more... hollow. The fire in his heart for vengeance, the one that had been lit on that fateful farm day, felt somewhat dull. Everything was muted.

Jorith shook his head, putting on his helmet. He needed to find Tal and...who was it? Right, Elana. The king would be rolling out his siege weapons soon.

So, funny thing here. Autocorrect actually changed my name for the king. So I gave it an interesting little reason here.

Virdish
2016-12-08, 09:40 PM
Tal smiled as he climbed the same hill that his old friend was standing upon. He glanced around at the army that Jorith had amassed. He knew that most of them were on loan from the Lich that Jorith had learned from. Tal had never met the old Lich and wasn't sure that he ever wanted to. Such undead seemed to often look down on what they called "lesser undead" such as himself. He suppressed the singing bones of his new form for the time being. It was an effect that he loved but also one that he preferred to suppress when he meant to have productive conversations. Before he mounted the hill himself he looked over at the group of his own undead that he had brought with him. His favorite had to be the zombified Hydra that roared into the air. Surrounding him though were his 2 Lieutenants and of course his friend Hicara. He had finally gained the strength to bring her back and he always had her by his side. His lieutenants were of course Dread Warriors with the ability to command undead themselves.

Tal regretted that his own ascension into undeath left him as seemingly a skeleton. It made things difficult occasionally when it came to his performances though disguising himself wasn't all that difficult when he needed to do so. Today though he had not taken the steps to do so, wanting the King to see what he had driven his enemies to. To see the depths of the vengeance that was coming for him. He saw Jorith and smiled.

"Well met my friend. Undeath suits you well. I must admit though, I am surprised that the old Lich lent you so many of his minions."

Bad Wolf
2016-12-09, 12:11 AM
Jorith smiled, though it wasn't visible underneath his helmet. He didn't have many allies, and even fewer friends. He took off his helmet and faced the undead bard.

"Tal. It is good to see you old friend. I'm glad you have your friend back." His gaze flitted briefly to Hicara.

"While you have her back, I'm glad to see that your thirst for justice is by no means fulfilled.

And yes, I suppose I was as well. These were armies that took him years to build up. The dragons were especially tricky for him. But it seems he has his own interests in this attack. He asked me to bring him back Carstair's crown.

But enough about the spellcasting skeleton. Where is Elena? We can't start this attack without her. This is a day for all of us."

What exactly is Hicara? Awakened Undead?

silphael
2016-12-09, 07:58 AM
Elana ticked. She knew most of those undeads were her fault, killed by Cobra due to her mistake, and the poetic vengeance could still reach her, but undeath was still something she was used to fight against, not alongside.

Clad in her scintillating soul gear, she passes through the ranks (and vile) of the monsters, climbing the hills. Distrust was perceptible, but she didn't care. Not really.

Once she reached the top, seeing the whole army, as well as the opposition they will face she waited for a second before speaking.

"Those aren't only those who died due to my mistakes, right? Promise me you'll limit collateral victims, both of you."

Bad Wolf
2016-12-09, 02:31 PM
"Ah, Elana. It's good to see you. Today is the day we have been waiting years for. Today, the King will take his last breath.

The group is varied. Some are from graveyards, some are from those who futilely threw themselves against the Lich, and some are those soldiers who saw fit to destroy my farm.

I cannot guarantee anyone's safety. This a matter of war, of course. The unintelligent undead have been commanded to attack only those who take up arms against them. As for the death knights and others....they fear me more than they hate the living. I myself will cut down anyone who tries to stop us from getting into that palace.

But enough talk. It's time for action."

Virdish
2016-12-09, 10:23 PM
"Of course, I have given my minions the general standing order to only kill those who take up arms as well. I am not here for wanton slaughter. I am here to take my revenge on the head of the King. I have no qualms with the commoners and in fact was received well by them in the days prior to Hicara losing her head."

Tal gave the order to his own lieutenants to ready his troops for battle. One was necromancer himself and thus had command over his own undead while the other was marked as his lieutenant via his own magic. Hicara would stay back and lift up her voice to empower the undead.

"My troops are ready. I give the command to you Jorith. You are a leader more then I. Let us hope that this battle goes quickly. I want to have the king's head before us by days end. Also, if neither of you are against it I would love to bring the King back as one an undead that is unable to be raised. I want to prolong his suffering. One death is not enough for the wretch."

silphael
2016-12-10, 11:48 AM
"I'll prefer he doesn't come back, even as an undead. And if anyone thinks about bringing him back... well, he won't have any army, and we'll send him back where he belongs."

Raising her hand toward the fortress, she simply adds.

"Let's go then."