PDA

View Full Version : Weaponized molds, slimes

NevinPL
2016-12-09, 03:55 PM
Like a throwable bottle of green slime.
Have someone seen, made something like this ?

Jowgen
2016-12-09, 05:08 PM
As luck will have it, I just came across this in a rather obscure source. This exists for green slime, in Dungeon magazine issue 146 p. 32.

Takes a DC 12 Dex check to safely scoop up the slime, then attack with it as with Holy Water, albeit with no splash damage. On hit, the creature takes 1d2 points of Con damage per round as the slime eats it. If you miss on the attack, creatures within 5 ft of the target must make a DC 15 reflex save to avoid contact. Depending on the target(s), it might actually be better to miss on purpose.

Arbane
2016-12-09, 05:23 PM
I seem to remember this was a pretty common (or at least, pretty famous) tactic for ingenious PCs (and killer DMs) back in the AD&D days.

Darrin
2016-12-09, 06:47 PM
Box of brown mold (DMG trap) can be weaponized... actually I think if you drop a torch into it, it will obliterate all non-cold-type life on the planet in... about an hour? I forget how the math works out.

Chaos flask (75 GP, Planar Touchstone) can create slimes/molds/etc... including Flux Slime (ELH). This generates an AMF, does 2d6 Con damage on touch, explodes when exposed to sunlight, and can cause random permanent mutations.

Gray slime in Dungeonscape also does acid damage when exposed to light. So put it in some opaque clay jars, throw it as a splash weapon.

Inevitability
2016-12-10, 04:48 AM
Box of brown mold (DMG trap) can be weaponized... actually I think if you drop a torch into it, it will obliterate all non-cold-type life on the planet in... about an hour? I forget how the math works out.

Since the description says fire makes it 'instantly' double, I'd say there's a fair argument that it envelops everything within seconds.

Darrin
2016-12-10, 08:15 AM
Since the description says fire makes it 'instantly' double, I'd say there's a fair argument that it envelops everything within seconds.

I was assuming 1d6 fire damage per round. At that rate... ugh, my math is really shaky, but 26 million 5' squares log2 says 24ish... I think after 24 rounds the diameter of the brown mold has reached the circumference of the earth. So about 2 and a half minutes to destroy almost all life on the planet.

Tarvus
2016-12-10, 09:33 AM

Not an item, but Slime Hurl in CoR lets you throw 3 green slimes at people. And its instantaneous, so the slimes don't disappear afterwards. Mold Touch from the Player's Guide to Faerūn is similar, instantaneous creating a 5-foot-diameter patch of brown mold. Using it as a touch attack you can coat someone in it.

A fun thing to mix into the equation when dealing with slimes and molds are Breaker Bottles from Song and Silence (which is 3.0 but not updated). They break when you say the keyed word and can hold all the usual alchemical liquids and anything else you can get in there.

As luck will have it, I just came across this in a rather obscure source. This exists for green slime, in Dungeon magazine issue 146 p. 32.

Takes a DC 12 Dex check to safely scoop up the slime, then attack with it as with Holy Water, albeit with no splash damage. On hit, the creature takes 1d2 points of Con damage per round as the slime eats it. If you miss on the attack, creatures within 5 ft of the target must make a DC 15 reflex save to avoid contact. Depending on the target(s), it might actually be better to miss on purpose.

Dungeon has some surprisingly good tidbits hidden away in it. Why hasn't anyone made a DungeonDex?

ShurikVch
2016-12-10, 11:11 AM
Weaponized moldsWell, you may hit people with Candle Mold.
It's from Arms and Equipment Guide, cost 12 sp and weighs 5 lbs.
If you make it from some unusual wood (or Kaorti Resin (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031014a)), then you can even add some magical enhancements to it!
Comically Missing the Point (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ComicallyMissingThePoint)

Coidzor
2016-12-10, 04:13 PM

Slime Grenades in Pathfinder. (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/EquipmentMiscDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Slime%20grenade )

NevinPL
2016-12-11, 04:46 AM
So there are some tidbits.
Those spells + Shalantha's Delicate Disk could be a nice delivery method :D
Thank you all.

Generally speaking, you think they should have the same parameters (DC, damage, etc.), when weponized ?
Any "rule of thumb" for price ?

Xuldarinar
2016-12-11, 05:06 AM
A departure from the topic, but thought i'd invoke it; The Spell Sovereign (Dragon 357) is a prestige class that creates oozes to fight for them. Granted these are in the form of Living Spells, and are not items by any stretch, but still felt it was worth mentioning.

When instead of casting Blasphemy, you create one of these;
http://brume.newgallo.dnsalias.net/pmwiki/uploads/Downloads/PCGen%20Bundles/2004/portraits/cmp/d20_fantasy_v35e/wotc/ebrncs/Living%20Spell-Living%20Blasphemy.jpg

Now if only these things could be shoved into bottles and thrown.

Inevitability
2016-12-11, 05:21 AM
A departure from the topic, but thought i'd invoke it; The Spell Sovereign (Dragon 357) is a prestige class that creates oozes to fight for them. Granted these are in the form of Living Spells, and are not items by any stretch, but still felt it was worth mentioning.

When instead of casting Blasphemy, you create one of these;
http://brume.newgallo.dnsalias.net/pmwiki/uploads/Downloads/PCGen%20Bundles/2004/portraits/cmp/d20_fantasy_v35e/wotc/ebrncs/Living%20Spell-Living%20Blasphemy.jpg

Have it break a Skull Talisman of Minute Form to become Fine, then throw it with Fling Ally. If you also have Far Shot, that's a potential 400 feet of distance that can be covered.

Darrin
2016-12-11, 08:23 AM

They can. Smoky confinement, Complete Mage p. 117.

barakaka
2016-12-11, 12:38 PM
Bile Droppings from Drow of the Underdark does 2d4 total acid dmg and they roll a fort save with a -4 penalty vs the Sickened condition.
Delver slime deals a stupid amount of damage to stone and metal which could be fun if you're fighting constructs.
Aboleth Mucus is a very cheap super-weapon. Do not use unless you're in a very high powered campaign. Your DM will strangle you if you use this on a boss. Your PCs will strangle you if you use this on them.
Tanglefoot Bag is an amazing crowd control device, and the Mad Alchemist feat makes use of it as well. The Tanglefoot Defense option is expensive for what you get, but could be helpful to make a trap.