PDA

View Full Version : Player Help EDIT: Looking for the Stats on the Spectator Template from Templates & Troves III.

Hogsy
2016-12-09, 08:53 PM
I am looking for a specific template I found in these forums called the Ocular template. It comes from the Template Troves III book if I'm correct, but I can't find out what it does anywhere. I have no way to buy the book online so I'm stuck. Any ideas?

EDIT: There is a possibility after doing some research that I am remembering the name wrong, or that it's from a different book from the same publisher. The template might instead be the "spectator" template.

Also, the whole shtick of the template is that it fills your blood with tiny eyes that grant you various benefits.

Hogsy
2016-12-15, 02:45 PM
I now know for sure it's the Spectator template from Template Troves III, but I am not quite so sure what it does. Does anyone have the book and can share the Spectator bit with me? That'd be cool, thanks. I found the template from a guy on the brilliant forums and his post was something like this

"Spectator: Applies to humanoid or monstrous humanoid. Replaces your blood with eye-shaped dudes that are basically living sentient eyeballs. Of awesome. Gains: Telekinetic at will. Darkvision. Resistance to illusions. Lowlight vision. +2 Wis. Alertness feat for free. +4 on Search and Spot. "

Like, telekinetic at will sounds awesome, except I have no idea what it means.

OldTrees1
2016-12-15, 05:06 PM
I now know for sure it's the Spectator template from Template Troves III, but I am not quite so sure what it does. Does anyone have the book and can share the Spectator bit with me? That'd be cool, thanks. I found the template from a guy on the brilliant forums and his post was something like this

"Spectator: Applies to humanoid or monstrous humanoid. Replaces your blood with eye-shaped dudes that are basically living sentient eyeballs. Of awesome. Gains: Telekinetic at will. Darkvision. Resistance to illusions. Lowlight vision. +2 Wis. Alertness feat for free. +4 on Search and Spot. "

Like, telekinetic at will sounds awesome, except I have no idea what it means.

I do not have the book and cannot check the source material but "Telekinetic at will" sounds like Telekinesis (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/telekinesis.htm) as an at-will spell-like ability.

Hogsy
2017-02-01, 07:40 PM
I do not have the book and cannot check the source material but "Telekinetic at will" sounds like Telekinesis (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/telekinesis.htm) as an at-will spell-like ability.

My DM gave me Mage Hand instead, and I think if I asked him to give me Telekinesis at will he wouldn't be very fond of the idea. It's a bit sucky 'cause I really wanted to hurl my daggers at people with telekinesis instead of actually doing it for the cool factor, and to maybe extend the reach a bit. Oh well, thanks anyway.