PDA

View Full Version : Marshwiggle (3.5 PEACH)

Aleolus
2016-12-10, 02:10 AM
Some time ago, I statted up Marshwiggles, as in the Chronicles of Narnia, as a race. I posted them on the Wizards board, and got some positive reactions to them, so I figured I would try recreating them here. I hope you like!! :D

Marshwiggles
Medium
Humanoid (Amphibious)
30 Move, 30 Swim
+2 Dex, +4 Wis, -4 Cha. Marshwiggles are quite nimble, and exceedingly wise, but their dour and pessimistic mindset makes them difficult for other creatures to be around.
+2 Fortitude saves against disease and poison. Marshwiggles live deep in swamps and bogs, where sicknesses tend to run rampant, and they enjoy smoking a very strong form of tobacco mixed with mud, giving them a natural resiliance against disease and poison.
+2 Will saves against Mind Affecting Effects. The very state of depression and pessimism that makes Marshwiggles so difficult to be around also makes them exceptionally difficult to influence mentally in any way.
+4 Jump checks. A Marshwiggles frog-like legs give them exceptional jumping abilities. In addition, Marshwiggles always treat jump checks as though they have a running start.
+2 Escape Artist checks. Marshwiggles are covered in a slimy film that allows them to escape from bonds and grapples easily.
Slogging: Marshwiggles move at their full normal speed through bogs, swamps, marshes, and similar terrain.
Favored class: Druid

Debihuman
2016-12-16, 06:59 AM
Subtype should be Marshwiggle not Amphibious as that is a special ability. Slogging should be an Extraordinary ability. A brief description of these would also be useful.

Marshwiggle Racial Traits (Ex)

Medium
Marshwiggles have a land speed of 30 feet. They also have a swim speed of 30 feet.
Amphibious (Ex): Marshwiggles breathe both air and water.
+2 Dex, +4 Wis, -4 Cha. Marshwiggles are quite nimble, and exceedingly wise, but their dour and pessimistic mindset makes them difficult for other creatures to be around.
+2 Fortitude saves against disease and poison. Marshwiggles live deep in swamps and bogs, where sicknesses tend to run rampant, and they enjoy smoking a very strong form of tobacco mixed with mud, giving them a natural resiliance against disease and poison.
+2 Will saves against Mind Affecting Effects. The very state of depression and pessimism that makes Marshwiggles so difficult to be around also makes them exceptionally difficult to influence mentally in any way.
+4 Jump checks. A Marshwiggles frog-like legs give them exceptional jumping abilities. In addition, Marshwiggles always treat jump checks as though they have a running start.
+2 Escape Artist checks. Marshwiggles are covered in a slimy film that allows them to escape from bonds and grapples easily.
Slogging (Ex): Marshwiggles move at their full normal speed through bogs, swamps, marshes, and similar terrain.
Favored class: Druid

Aleolus
2016-12-22, 11:56 PM
Thanks for pointing that out. Does anyone have any idea what, if any, LA they should have? Or suggestions to make them better?