PDA

View Full Version : Help! Dwarf hulking hurler/war hulk

finaldooms
2016-12-10, 10:09 AM
Hi everyone! So my friends are doing a dwarf campaign and I got the (possible) DM to agree to letting me try out this absurd build( its broken i know and when the DM gets mad at me i have a battlemage for replacement ) , what i was wondering is how i should do my levels ( was thinking 5 fighter then 3 hurler then to war hulk after) and what items i would need to have my throwing. ..well anything! ( also im going to get permanent enlarge cast on myself. ..we dont generally use dispel magic)

Meth In a Mine
2016-12-10, 12:26 PM
Just an FYI, if you're willing and allowed to try it, Duergar can cast Enlarge Person on themselves once per day, so they might be a good race to try (yes, they are still dwarves). They also have some other nifty traits like immunity to poison.

finaldooms
2016-12-10, 12:48 PM
I think we are playing regular dwarves, kinda. Like a clan game ( we did one before with dracotaurs and it was a blast)

John Longarrow
2016-12-10, 01:42 PM
You really need barbarian in the. Nothing like raging when you already have a massive strength!

finaldooms
2016-12-10, 02:00 PM
You really need barbarian in the. Nothing like raging when you already have a massive strength!

Im could probly just do 4 fighter 1 barb ..fighter was just for the feats asap lol. .i need 4 for sure ( pwr atk,cleave,pbs,and wf-throw-) if i take flaws i can get all of them at lvl 1..omg i just remembered flaws are a thing!

TheifofZ
2016-12-17, 04:06 AM
You cannot be a War Hulk or a Hulking Hurler without being a Large or larger creature.
Literally a special requirement for the PrCs.

There are ways to do a throwing build to excellent effect, even without those, but unless the DM waives the restriction, you can't get in.
That being said, if the restrictions are waived, a brief stint with google should net you most of the basic default builds for hulking hurler.

finaldooms
2016-12-17, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=TheifofZ;21501595]You cannot be a War Hulk or a Hulking Hurler without being a Large or larger creature.

There are ways to do a throwing build to excellent effect, even without those, but unless the DM waives the restriction, you can't get in.
That being said, if the restrictions are waived, a brief stint with google should net you most of the basic default builds for hulking hulk

I probly forgot to say but i had/ have enlarge person permacast on me to qualify (my bad) and all the builds i found were for centaurs lol. ..its easier asking on here for quick help normally and i enjoy how helpful the community is with my questions ( case in point reminding me of flaws)

Zanos
2016-12-17, 02:17 PM
You cannot be a War Hulk or a Hulking Hurler without being a Large or larger creature.
If I recall, a permanent enlarge person is reasonably priced.

To be honest there isn't a whole lot to be said about hulking hurlers in general. Get lots of strength. Remember to take brutal throw to use strength to calculate your to hit. That's about it. Take steadfast determination also maybe so your will save isn't terrible because you're really likely to kill your friends.

Metahuman1
2016-12-18, 01:16 AM
If it was me.

Cleric 1, Strength and Planning Domains (Pick a concept if needed.). Persist and DMM persist spell. Maybe a Reliquary Holy symbol, you only really need to persist one spell. Enlarge person.

Then, Go Warblade, and try to set yourself up to get Bloodstorm Blade as fast as possible so you can get the level 4 ability on that class. It lets you always treat something you throw like a returning weapon.

If you've got room, dip Barbarian. Go for Whirling Frenzy, Spirit Lion totem. If you can afford a 2nd level, go for Wolf Totem. If by some Miracle you can afford a third level with all that Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade, Take Trap Killer for fun.

Then, Hulking Hurler and Warhulk.

finaldooms
2016-12-18, 01:37 AM
Warblade sounds like tome of battle which we dont use after my BBEG from a campaign nearly wiped the party in 2 turns lol. .none of us really like the book,